Apple Watch's Latest Activity Challenge Starts Tomorrow, Earn a 'Heart Month' Award and iMessage Stickers

MacRumors

macrumors bot
Original poster
Apr 12, 2001

February is Heart Month, aimed at promoting cardiovascular health, and Apple is taking part with a new Activity Challenge that tasks Apple Watch users with closing their Exercise ring in the Activity app for seven consecutive days. The challenge kicks off tomorrow, February 8, and runs through February 14.

Those who successfully complete the Activity Challenge will receive a special heart-themed award and iMessage stickers, as shared by Kyle Seth Gray on Twitter.

Activity Challenges are often tied to special occasions or holidays throughout the year, such as Earth Day, Veterans Day, Thanksgiving Day, and New Year's. Achievements can be tracked in the Activity app under the Awards tab.

Article Link: Apple Watch's Latest Activity Challenge Starts Tomorrow, Earn a 'Heart Month' Award and iMessage Stickers

Bandaman

macrumors 6502
Aug 28, 2019
That is an incredibly weird looking icon, but this shouldn’t be hard to get.

Saludos

macrumors member
Oct 23, 2013
Since 5 months (since watchos 6!) the only challenge is make my Apple Watch paired with my iPhone SE work properly! C’mon macrumor: there’s a long thread about this serious issue. Please, write an article about this! That’s the only challenge I can challenge right now

Reactions: darkslide29

dumastudetto

macrumors 68040
Aug 28, 2013
Since 5 months (since watchos 6!) the only challenge is make my Apple Watch paired with my iPhone SE work properly! C’mon macrumor: there’s a long thread about this serious issue. Please, write an article about this! That’s the only challenge I can challenge right now
Worst of it is you won't get an award or an iMessage sticker if you find a way to pass that challenge.

TheSkywalker77

Contributor
Sep 9, 2017
I've got an Apple Watch, but I must say I hardly even notice these events or challenges. Do people actually pay attention to them?
They're actually one of my favourite parts of the Apple Watch. As pointless as they are, they sure do motivate me to do challenges such as this.
I hope they use the same iMessage stickers this year, I really like the one of the three hearts in the activity ring colours.

Reactions: orbital~debris

Itada

macrumors member
Sep 22, 2019
Did anyone receive a notification about this challenge on their watch or phone? I didn't.

nickdalzell1

macrumors 6502a
Dec 8, 2019
I rebooted my Watch and just got it (I had the bluetooth handoff bug again! Missed a few things that caught up on reboot--never use more than 6 apps at once on a Series 5!) but it's an easy one. Had I known Feb only had 29 days I'd have not missed out on the monthly award (26 workouts of 15 min or less--we got snow and I stopped on the 3rd and haven't resumed yet--I'll only get 25)

TheSkywalker77

Contributor
Sep 9, 2017
I rebooted my Watch and just got it (I had the bluetooth handoff bug again! Missed a few things that caught up on reboot--never use more than 6 apps at once on a Series 5!) but it's an easy one. Had I known Feb only had 29 days I'd have not missed out on the monthly award (26 workouts of 15 min or less--we got snow and I stopped on the 3rd and haven't resumed yet--I'll only get 25)
I'm rebooting my watch now, did you get it on your iPhone activity app? Or the activity app on your watch? It's been in the activity app on my watch all day but hasn't shown up on my phone yet.

EDIT: After a watch reboot it's not showing up on my watch anymore, guess I'll just wait for the 8th :p.

orbital~debris

macrumors 6502a
Mar 3, 2004
England, UK, Europe
That icon looks WAY better.
It's worth noting that it will probably look a little different on the 'real' award. I think the image MacRumors included is of an accompanying 'sticker', while the one that goes into Awards on the Watch or Activity app is 3D-rendered and textured as a 'metal' object.