Apple Watch's Latest Activity Challenge Starts Tomorrow, Earn a 'Heart Month' Award and iMessage Stickers

Bandaman

macrumors 6502
Aug 28, 2019
It's worth noting that it will probably look a little different on the 'real' award. I think the image MacRumors included is of an accompanying 'sticker', while the one that goes into Awards on the Watch or Activity app is 3D-rendered and textured as a 'metal' object.
I hope so.

Mw0103

macrumors regular
Feb 22, 2014
I rebooted my Watch and just got it (I had the bluetooth handoff bug again! Missed a few things that caught up on reboot--never use more than 6 apps at once on a Series 5!) but it's an easy one. Had I known Feb only had 29 days I'd have not missed out on the monthly award (26 workouts of 15 min or less--we got snow and I stopped on the 3rd and haven't resumed yet--I'll only get 25)
You can do multiple 15-minute+ workouts per day to get up to the 26 workouts. It’s workouts; not days. For example: you can complete the challenge doing 2 workouts per day (of at least 15 minutes) for 13 days.

nickdalzell1

macrumors 6502a
Dec 8, 2019
Yeah I 'cheated' by doing two during one run. I often do a 30-minute walk and I just stopped the workout at the 15 minute mark and started again.

chucker23n1

macrumors 68030
Dec 7, 2014
I’m seeing it in my Watch’s activity app but not my phone’s. It’s really odd.
Activity sync has all kinds of bugs like that. The authoritative source is your watch, though — as long as it shows it, you're fine. Eventually (it can take days!), it'll sync your success over to the phone.

TheSkywalker77

Contributor
Sep 9, 2017
Activity sync has all kinds of bugs like that. The authoritative source is your watch, though — as long as it shows it, you're fine. Eventually (it can take days!), it'll sync your success over to the phone.
While I was doing the challenge, I never saw the badge in my phone activity app. But now that I’ve earned the badge it shows up. Weird stuff but I’m glad I got it!

Regbial

macrumors 6502a
Jul 10, 2010
I didn't get a notification, even for just closing the ring today... ANyone else? 🤔 I think it's probably because I went into the Activity watch from my watch face and the ring closed right there. So i assume when that happens, when you're in the app, it doesn't send you a notification?
- - Post merged: - -

How does the notification pop? Do you get the more "special" rings closing? The gold star in sparks? Nothing since both the exercise ring closing notification comes up along with the award and they just merge? dammit... I wanted to test it out... -_- oh well... Women's day challenge is coming up next month (?), at least... ANd if not Earth day in April.

I'm really just really curious about how Apple set all this up.. 🧐

Last edited:

Hswitzer

macrumors newbie
Feb 15, 2020
I did the heart challenge 2020! Close your exercising ring from feb 8 to feb.14
i cid it!but did not get the award, anybody else that that happen too?