iPhone Apple will never fix that bug

Discussion in 'iOS 8' started by DJTaurus, Apr 13, 2015.

1. DJTaurus macrumors 65816

DJTaurus

It happens from day one and after so many iOS 8 updates apple hasn't bothered to fix it. It's not first world problems but happens very often and I am curious why nobody mentions it.

Attached Files:

2. roadbloc macrumors G3

roadbloc

I'm guessing iOS is still the same buggy pile of garbage it was when I left it then? :(

3. DJTaurus thread starter macrumors 65816

DJTaurus

With 8.3 everything is smoother and faster. They have fixed keyboards issues. But I still get safari crashes and rotation sometimes do not adjust. Battery life seems better. But the free bug experience I had with 6.3 is not here.

And I have a major issue with my plus I never experienced before. Sometimes it powers off and it only powers on ONLY with power and home button combo. I have also done a clean restore and the issue persists.

4. Mildredop macrumors 68020

But with 8.4, they'll probably break it again, along with a few others.

5. TC03 macrumors 65816

I thought you meant the bug of <30 fps animations in notification center when the phone is locked... It's been there since iOS 7.1 (7.0 was smooth as butter).

6. XTheLancerX macrumors 68000

XTheLancerX

On my iPhone 6, lock screen performs about the same for notification/control center, but on my iPad mini 2 it is probably about 20fps for control center, and it's bad for Notification Center as well but I'm not totally sure what a good estimate would be for that frame rate.

7. Ke1ington macrumors 6502a

Ke1ington

Worse, probably.

iOS has always had little bugs here and there. It's still the smoothest running mobile operating system available.

8. roadbloc macrumors G3

roadbloc

I disagree. Windows Phone 8 and BB10 were both much smoother and bug free than iOS in my experience.

9. bigchief macrumors 6502a

Well why are you still here?

10. roadbloc macrumors G3

roadbloc

I have an iMac, PowerBook, MBA, iPod, iPod Touch, two Airport Extremes and a general interest in Apple products. I have previously owned many Apple products including an iPhone 4, a 5c and an iPad 2 for a bit. I'll admit my interest has been waning ever since they switched to Intel but I still like a few of their products.

Just because I have criticisms (Apple's software post 2009 mostly), doesn't mean I can't take part in discussion. I apologise if this bothers you.

11. Rat-Boy macrumors 65816

Rat-Boy

Yea.

Cuz Android is 100% bug free as is Windows Mobile OS. :rolleyes:

12. shenan1982 macrumors 68040

shenan1982

Never had that happen, so I'm guessing it has to do with the phone number format of you being in a non-US region.

Have you submitted the bug to Apple yourself?

13. Jayson A macrumors 68000

14. bigchief macrumors 6502a

No, doesn't bother me at all, just curious. If I hated iOS 8 I sure wouldn't be wasting my time here. Just saying, have a nice day.

15. perkedel macrumors 6502a

perkedel

never seen this on my idevices all the way back to ios version 5.
    they'll never fix a bug they dont know, quit yer bitching and sarcastic remarks, report it here:
    https://www.apple.com/feedback/iphone.html

16. pacorob macrumors 65816

pacorob

I'm not seeing this problem on my Messages app on my iPhone 5s (running iOS8.3) or my iPad mini2 (running iOS8.2).

17. jasko macrumors 6502

jasko

18. FrancoisC macrumors 6502

FrancoisC

Not talking for him but for myself: I do like ios 8, but its not because I love it that I wont criticize it or say its not full of bugs :/

I've filled a lot of bug reports in the time of ios 8 beta for bugs that I still see in 8.4 :(

19. jrpmsms macrumors member

jrpmsms

Wait... what??

20. kolax macrumors G3

The bug that does my head in, since iOS 7, is bringing down Notification Centre sometimes triggers the 'bring me back to the top' that you'd normally trigger by tapping on the menubar/top of the screen. It made Flipboard unusable for me, because every time I'd bring Notification Centre down, it'd take me back up to the top/start.

Happens in every app pretty much every time. Bug reported many times..

21. C DM macrumors Westmere

Used to run into it but haven't for a while. Just tried it a bunch of times in iOS 8.3 and couldn't get the issue to come up. Possibly depends on how you bring down Notification Center as well, although I just tried it in various ways and speeds and couldn't reproduce.

22. andyw715 macrumors 6502a

23. Will22 macrumors 65816

Will22

Lol, have you tried windows phone or blackberry? Before you ask why I'm still here, like you did with someone else, I use iOS, WP, Blackberry and android and I change from one to the other when I feel like a change. WP and Blackberry are by far the smoothest operating system out there and depending on what phone you have on android(I have a Note 4, Moto X 2014 and an S6 edge) android can be as smooth as WP or BB

My Moto X never stutters while the Note 4 and S6 does but the S6 is going back under the 14 day period. My Nokia 1520 and 1020 never stutters and my BB Passport is only slow when opening apps that have been side loaded from the Google App Store. My iPhone 6 does stutter albeit not that often but about the same as the S6 edge.

Still love the iPhone 6 but some of the restrictions that Apple have are a little less lovable.

24. atmc macrumors regular

No, they haven't fixed the keyboard issues. I still can't use 3rd party keyboards because there is not enough stability, and iOS 8.3 didn't change that.

25. Ke1ington macrumors 6502a

Ke1ington

You must have me confused with someone else. I don't question anyone's choice of operating systems nor do I degrade anyone for voicing complaints.

I'm glad to hear other OSes are smoothing out. I'll never be able to leave iOS as my primary because of the amount of money I have in it but I love to tinker.