Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

NY Guitarist

macrumors 68000
Mar 21, 2011
I just want add that Apple Support is one of the reasons my business uses all Apple computers

But we're now nervous we'll have to move away from Apple because their computers aren't being updated, and when they are they are less upgradable.

Maybe support is easier for locked down consumer gadgets but support won't matter to me if they don't sell the products I need to buy.

Tech198

Cancelled
Mar 21, 2011
No surprise here! Wish they'd use their 'main' Twitter account a bit more, though for what I don't know. :)

I wonder what other awards Twitter will give out? @ dril deserves one, along with the @IronSheik.

a free Apple TV 4 and Airpods ?

Wowereit

macrumors 6502a
Feb 1, 2016
Germany
Out of my experience Apple isn't weaseling out of the mandatory 2 year warranty.
The thing is that this warranty is provided by the retailer, not by the manufacturer.
Apple gives you 1 year of warranty as manufacturer and 2 years as retailer.

SoN1NjA

macrumors 68020
Feb 3, 2016
Because 99% of the MacRumors world seems to complain about every single built-in app "not being removable" and "taking up too much valuable space".
And they're all idiots so **** them

If I'm buying an $800 "computer replacement" I want them to give me the Calculator app it would only take them 5 minutes to make

Reactions: TheRealTVGuy

PinkyMacGodess

Suspended
Mar 7, 2007
Midwest America.
They have always been good to me. I even once got a swap for a refurbished system that had a psychotic breakdown. They swapped it for new in the box, at the store. You aren't going to get that from Dell or HP.

rcopus

macrumors newbie
Jun 18, 2010
Apples customer service in the U.K. is some of the worst I've ever experienced.
There's no point answering twitter messages quickly when there are no genius appointments within a 70 mile radius as they're fully booked out.

Perhaps things are different in the US but trying to even get an appointment to see someone about the fact your iPhone battery is faulty after only 13 months of use in the U.K. is nearly impossible. Then having to argue about the fact our consumer laws dictate a phone should that costs £700 should last longer than 13 months is diabolical.

Their phone support is also as equally if not more useless.
I could rant about it all day but Apple (in the U.K.) do definitely not have the customer service of a premium company here.

I enjoy Apple products and have a lot of them but the crappy batteries they use in iPhones mean I worry about the day I have to try and invoke their non-existent support to then argue legal statutes with them about their obligations to consumers.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.