AppleCare+ adding to order when processing

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by nyc2pdx, Sep 12, 2014.

1. nyc2pdx macrumors 6502

I was one of the lucky few who actually got my order in for a 6 plus 64gb last night, showing 9/19 delivery.

Problem is, I wanted to add Applecare to the order, but after a few failed attempts last night, I just went without it.

I've never added it post-order. Call to CS to add it while it is processing? Do after?

I know the requirements are a little different on Applecare + than it used to be. I tried to just order Applecare + and do the phone in option once I get the phone, but it won't let me buy Applecare + without a phone in the cart at the same time.

Suggestions? I don't really want to bother Apple CS when others have real issues for CS to work through.

2. Applejuiced macrumors Westmere

Applejuiced

You can probably call before it ships so they can add if for you.
    Or you can also purchase it at a store any time withing 60 days of purchase of your phone.

3. Blorzoga macrumors 68030

Blorzoga

You can add it up to 60 days after purchase. It can be done over the phone or in an Apple store. If over the phone, they'll do a remote diagnostic test to make sure the phone is functioning. I wanted to buy it last night too, but didn't want to complicate the order for fear of screwing it up.

4. iKraze macrumors newbie

I've always added applecare during pre-orders and it has never screwed up, Apple treat it as separate order I suppose because they both come at different times.

5. nyc2pdx thread starter macrumors 6502

That is exactly why I gave up-I figured supplies were dwindling so just get the order in...