AppleCare+ Can Now be Purchased Up to One Year After Buying an iPhone

Discussion in 'MacRumors.com News Discussion' started by MacRumors, Mar 17, 2017.

1. NRubino macrumors member

Thanks, I guess I will be doing the same.

2. Wanted797 macrumors regular

People are idiots and want the newer one. But some do go else where for a repair.

3. WoodpeckerBaby macrumors member

WoodpeckerBaby

--- Post Merged, Mar 18, 2017 ---
    That's interesting. I turn off "send diagnostics to apple" but you are saying they store the logs locally on the device. Correct?

Yes, automatic diagnostic report is not the same as Apple Care diagnostics. The former is light, the latter contains device logs that are never exposed to users, developer APIs and auto diagnostic reports. This log doesn't keep every usage data, but only positive data. For example, Apple wants to know when you dropped phone. They only log details of positive events, aka, a shock intense enough to pass the abnormal threshold. Then they analyze the nature of that event based of the data gathered, accelerometer, gyroscope, etc. If you disable auto diagnostic report, it will not turn off nor remove any device logs.

4. ACG12 macrumors 6502

I bought my phone Feb 28th of this year and I don't see the "Eligible for Apple Care+" when I search my serial number on their website. Do I need to go in store in order for me to get the coverage added?

5. Steve686 macrumors 68020

Steve686

Call Apple Support first.

6. EssEmJay macrumors newbie

EssEmJay

Has Apple publicly confirmed this? Their support tech and senior supervisor denied it. Meeting with Agreement Administration in 30min.

[​IMG]