Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

MacRumors

macrumors bot
Original poster
Apr 12, 2001

Customers who order Apple's newly announced $549 AirPods Max over-ear headphones can add AppleCare+ coverage for $59 when they buy through the Apple store.

airpods-max-digital-crown.jpeg

Every AirPods Max comes with one year of hardware repair coverage through its limited warranty and up to 90 days of complimentary tech support, but additional ‌AppleCare‌+ coverage gets up to two years of tech support and accidental damage coverage for the over-ear headphones from the purchase date.

AppleCare+ for AirPods Max adds up to two incidents of accidental damage protection every 12 months, each subject to a service fee of $29, plus applicable tax, and includes battery service coverage. In addition, customers get 24/7 priority access to Apple experts via chat or phone.

AirPods Max come with an included Smart Case and Lightning to USB-C Cable, and the headphones are compatible with iPhone, iPad, iPod touch, Mac, Apple TV, and Apple Watch.

Article Link: AppleCare+ Coverage for AirPods Max Headphones Costs $59

Rygaard

macrumors regular
Jun 24, 2010
Denmark
Well that is one thing we got right in Denmark 24 month by law - of hardware repair coverage.
The 730$ price tag in Denmark, perhaps not so right.

Regarding the wire on the picture on the tech spec sheet from appl it says

Connectivity: Bluetooth 5.0

But that would make the pictures REALLY misleading !

Also they have a Compatibility sheet that ONLY have appele products on them - there is no way I would EVER even for 100$ would buy a headset i could not also use with my Samsung TV, or my Workcomputer, or my ...

Last edited:
Reactions: louisitou

Maconplasma

Cancelled
Sep 15, 2020
Much more interested in the "rtings" reviews than any "support" options
Most people that care about their money want to know about warranty service before worrying about someone else's opinions, especially when it comes to headphones where "great sound" is subjective for consumer-grade headphones.

• Disagree
Reactions: JimmyBanks6

tedwill

macrumors regular
Apr 13, 2016
Northville, MI
The biggest challenge during these times is trying them on and comparing to Senheiser, Klipsch Bose, Sony, etc. I'd be curious to see (or in the case, hear) head to head comparisons.

Reactions: ryanflanders256

m.x

macrumors 6502
Oct 12, 2014
I'm really interested in the longevity of the batteries. I want to have these headphones, but I'm afraid that they are worn down after 2 years - essentially being throw-away-gadgets. Well, only time will tell...

DCYorke

macrumors member
Apr 7, 2010
Regarding the wire on the picture on the tech spec sheet from appl it says

Connectivity: Bluetooth 5.0

But that would make the pictures REALLY misleading !

The "wire" is not a plug, it's the headband, to connect the two earpieces together.

Star Brood

macrumors regular
Feb 8, 2012
Berlin, Germany
Most people that care about their money want to know about warranty service before worrying about someone else's opinions, especially when it comes to headphones where "great sound" is subjective for consumer-grade headphones.
"sound great" and "subjectivity" is exactly what groups like "rtings" exist to combat: developing a standard method of understanding and comparing the sound properties of the devices they review by using electronics rather than opinions.

Also when you say "most people that care about their money" should be translated to "most people who have enough money to buy this in the first place".

The people who would buy the warranty first before there being any credible reviews out to demonstrate exactly what the thing is capable of are the people who have plenty of money to throw around in the first place.

citysnaps

macrumors G4
Oct 10, 2011
The biggest challenge during these times is trying them on and comparing to Senheiser, Klipsch Bose, Sony, etc. I'd be curious to see (or in the case, hear) head to head comparisons.

If you're seriously considering these, simply purchase them knowing you can return them within two weeks if you're not satisfied. Also...I believe the time period is extended over the holidays.

Maconplasma

Cancelled
Sep 15, 2020
It is insurance, and it is priced to make Apple money. He wasn't wrong.
Oh big news! I happen to be an insurance agent. Since when is insurance not meant to be for the insurance company to make money? And I wasn't replying to that post for that reason. Maybe you should go back and re-read what I said in response.

• Disagree
Reactions: JimmyBanks6
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.