AppleCare for Macbook Pro 13" 2010

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by raazman, Oct 10, 2010.

1. raazman macrumors member

2. wordoflife macrumors 604

wordoflife

I personally wouldn't buy AppleCare from Ebay. I'd rather pay some extra money and get a peace of mind through Amazon.

http://www.amazon.com/AppleCare-Pro...3?ie=UTF8&s=electronics&qid=1286729363&sr=8-3

Remember you have a year to buy the extended warranty, so you don't have to buy it right now.

The Macbook Pro 13" was my first Mac and I bought it in July. That means I have until July 2011 to extend my warranty. I don't think I'm going to extend it (at least I've decided to wait out until next year to see how well this computer holds up). I know it can break at any time and such, but in a year, I should be able to identify if there are any problems I should be aware of (like prone to fail graphics cards) so I can decide from there. I think I'll be fine without warranty (knock on wood) and also, I don't want to buy the warranty and get a dent on my laptop in the next year and have Apple void my warranty. :eek::(

3. raazman thread starter macrumors member

Ok, thanks a lot. I think I'll buy from the applecare from the apple store, as student discounts bring it down to about $183.

4. lamina macrumors 68000

lamina

Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; U; CPU iPhone OS 4_0_2 like Mac OS X; en-us) AppleWebKit/532.9 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/4.0.5 Mobile/8A400 Safari/6531.22.7)

Try to buy through an amazon banner link on macrumors. It will generate a bit of revenue for macrumors.

5. Lostanddamned macrumors 6502a

Lostanddamned

This is a fair call, support the site and the cost is not unreasonable.