Applecare MBP 13" for $174.00

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by crypticlineage, Dec 1, 2010.

1. crypticlineage macrumors regular

B&H Photo is selling new applecare for 13 mbp and macbook and mba for only $174. Free UPS ground shipping and no sales tax outside of new york.

This is as good as it is going to get. Remember, this is $9 less than apple education discount pricing of $183 and you have to pay sales tax on that unless you live in Oregon.

Excellent deal. I just jumped right on it this morning. Thought of letting you all know.

2. JamesGorman macrumors 65816

JamesGorman

That is a good deal. What does it retail at? 199.99 right?

3. wordoflife macrumors 604

wordoflife

$249.99. (USD)

Thank you crypticlineage for sharing the deal. :)
    I might just have to buy it now.

4. deeddawg macrumors 604

More like $249

5. crypticlineage thread starter macrumors regular

It's a fantastic deal. B&H is a reputed and well known dealer and they are shipping me the box, so the item is totally authentic. Even considering education discount from Apple that I qualify for, I still saved at least $25. People who don't qualify for education discount will save $75-100 depending upon where they live (sales tax) when compared to the Apple price.

6. wordoflife macrumors 604

wordoflife

$279.99 for Canada.

7. crypticlineage thread starter macrumors regular

The Canadian dollar is as strong as US dollar now, yet most companies haven't revised their prices for Canadians. Seems very unfair.

8. JamesGorman macrumors 65816

JamesGorman

Yea, so that makes the deal that much better lol. Applecare for my MBP was 399.99, fortunately, I got it for free:D

9. Vantage Point macrumors 65816

B&H is great. I ordered Apple Care for my iMac from them - and many other things since I am a photographer.

I just ordered a 15 MBP from amazon, $1675 free shipping and no tax. They have good prices on apple care as well but I will likely get my AC from B&H - $244 for the 15" and $349 from Apple and $260 from Amazon.

I just find it strange the most expense place to buy Apple products is direct from Apple :mad:

10. Resist, Dec 1, 2010
    Last edited: Dec 1, 2010

Resist macrumors 68030

What's even stranger is Apple's control over pricing. Very few retailers are allowed to sell Apple products for less, Amazon and Micro Center seem to be the lowest.

11. Built macrumors 68020

Thanks for the heads-up. I was wavering on whether to buy or not for my new MBP 13...I know that I would have EVENTUALLY bought, but at full price...and this was a great deal I couldn't pass up.

Thanks again!

12. ihonda macrumors 68000

these are transferable right? i got my macbook in june and i plan to buy the new one when it comes out in 2011..so if i activate it now can i just transfer it? or should i buy then save til i get the new one?

13. Mabyboi macrumors 6502

Mabyboi

Thats a hell of a deal, i got mine with my macbook pro when the student pricing was on, so i got it for about 209 i think? Still, great deal!

14. nizmoz macrumors 65816

Just picked it up for my Macbook Pro 13". Thank you!

15. DanMacApple macrumors 6502

That almost seems to be too good of a deal as I don't think amazon has ever been that low that I know of anyways.

16. Resist macrumors 68030

Yes you can transfer it over, but remember the coverage period began with the purchase date on the previous device.

17. EarthDawn macrumors 6502a

EarthDawn

18. imac9556 macrumors 6502a

Sorry I am having a hard time finding the link...could you please share the link to the deal? :apple:

19. EarthDawn macrumors 6502a

EarthDawn

just search apple care on the site... it will come up

20. imac9556 macrumors 6502a

21. elpmas macrumors 68000

elpmas

22. Vantage Point macrumors 65816

That's why I shop at both these places as well as B&H. I bought my current 13" 2010 MBP from Micro Center for $999 and this weekend, cyber sales weekend, I bought a 15" MBP from Amazon for $1675 (no tax of course and free shipping) and B&H got my AC business for my iMac.

23. ctyhntr macrumors 6502

ctyhntr

Thanks for the heads up. I just checked, and Applecare for the MBP 15 is only $244. This $16 cheaper than Amazon, and over $105 off the $349 retail price; an astonishing 30% off.

I have 5 months left on my 1st year warranty, do I pull the trigger on this now or wait for a 8GB ram deal.

24. khongaeng macrumors regular

Make sure that B&H is an "authorized Apple reseller" because Apple changed their policies in October to only allow you to register your AppleCare if you have a receipt from an "authorized reseller" and the original serial number on the box.

Even though I registered my macbook pro without issue in April using only a registration code I bought on ebay. The morons at AppleCare are refusing to transfer the AppleCare to another person (I have sold the computer). Reading the AppleCare policy it states:

6. Transfer of Plan
    Subject to the restrictions set forth below, you may make a one-time permanent transfer of all of your rights under the Plan to another party, provided that: (a) the transfer must include the original Proof of Purchase, the Plan's Certificate and all of the Plan's packaging material, including printed materials and these Terms and Conditions; (b) you notify Apple of the transfer by sending, faxing or e-mailing notice of transfer to Apple Inc., ATTN: Agreement Administration, MS: 217AC, 2511 Laguna Blvd, Elk Grove, CA 95758, U.S., fax number 916-399-7337 or agmts_transfer@apple.com, respectively; and (c) the party receiving the Plan reads and agrees to accept the Terms and Conditions of the Plan. When notifying Apple of the transfer of the Plan, you must provide the Plan Agreement Number, the serial numbers of the Covered Equipment being transferred and the name, address, telephone number and email address of the new owner.

Emphasis Added. Notice that nowhere does it require you to provide the serial number on the box or the original receipt from an "authorized reseller"

So be careful from now on where you buy your AppleCare from, and you may not be able to transfer it if you didn't buy it from an "authorized reseller"

25. Resist macrumors 68030

That is Amazon's "normal" price for that Macbook Pro, just so you know it's not a cyber sale. Amazon surprisingly in my opinion, had a terrible cyber sales event. I saw nothing that would be considered a sale.