applecare+ Need HELP

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by Itsmorowind, Oct 7, 2011.

1. Itsmorowind macrumors member

I'm on apple and have put in my new iphone 4s with my plan. I don't see where I can add applecare+?? I've looked everywhere.

----------

I can get on the applecare+ page but it doesn't give me the option to add it to the cart.. urgh. Not sure what i'm supposed to do?

2. npep macrumors member

No where to purchase it. I thought it was strange as it is supposed to be purchased with the phone. I am sure they will let you get it within this next week...

3. mayerkim macrumors member

That's strange. I had the option to purchase it after I added the phone to my shopping cart. I finished the ordering process and purchased it with my phone.

Apple's general rule is that you can come back and purchase AppleCare within 30 days of your original purchase. I don't know if that's changing with the new policies that cover accidental damages...

4. mkjj macrumors 6502a

mkjj

i purchased my AppleCare for my iP4 11 months and 28 days after purchase :D

You are covered for a year anyway so why give Apple money before you need to!

5. Stealthipad macrumors 68040

Stealthipad

That is what I thought. You can order AppleCare anytime your phone is still in the original warranty

6. auero macrumors 65816

Applecare+ must be purchased at the same time as your device. It's on the website.

7. brazil5376 macrumors member

Applecare and Applecare+ are 2 different things.

Applecare allows you 1 year to purchase.

Applecare+ must be purchased at time of phone purchase because it includes accidental damage. It prevents people from scamming and adding it after they've damagd their phone.

Applecare+ is new and was just introduced.

8. dbenfer macrumors newbie

yes - but the apple website is not letting me add applecare + to cart right now

Any solutions?

9. deeddawg macrumors 604

it shows up late in the process as a suggested addition. I successfully added it to my order.

10. Stealthipad macrumors 68040

Stealthipad

11. blacka4 macrumors 6502

yeah that didn't work for me

12. dbenfer macrumors newbie

it is not showing up as "suggested" later - This is frustrating.

13. TBFoxRDMS macrumors newbie

Read the terms and conditions of AppleCare+ on Apple's website. It says in the terms and conditions that you have one year to buy it. Yes, it says on the AppleCare+ page that it must be purchased at same time, but in the fine print it says "within one year." I wasn't able to add it with my AT&T Premier purchase, but I'm still going to make sure I can get it before next Friday when I (hopefully) get my new phone.

Traci

14. yodayoda macrumors regular

15. deeddawg macrumors 604

T&C are of limited meaning if you can't actually buy the thing. :) See my post here for what I saw doing a mock purchase yesterday.

@dbenfer & @blacka4: I have no idea why I saw it but you're not. :confused: It showed up under "Recommended for You" on the page after the "Where would you like to purchase your new iPhone?" page when I selected the Apple Online Store by clicking the green Add to Cart button. I upgraded an AT&T line via Apple.com I just walked through a mock purchase using a different line and AppleCare+ shows up with an Add to Cart button below the Apple Store / Cart screen listing the iPhone 4S in my cart. :confused:

16. blacka4 macrumors 6502

I did another moch purchase to upgrade another verizon line, and nothing. no option to purchase it. It has to be a verizon thing. WHICH WOULD BLOW donkey nut sacks.

I don't want Verizons crappy insurance thing I want applecare+

17. yodayoda macrumors regular

This sucks I ordered through Verizon and i want AppleCare +. I'm assuming if I call they will let me add it before the phone arrives bc I can't damage the phone it's in my hands

18. 1080p macrumors 68020

1080p

I am not buying Applecare or Applecare+. I only keep iPhones for 1 year and always get the latest... so I am always rocking a 1 year warranty. I don't need damage protection because I baby my phones. I have never dropped an iPhone... EVER. And I have owned each and every iPhone model ever made.

19. deeddawg macrumors 604

Sounds like a Verizon thing. That truly sucks for those on VzW

I'd be surprised if you couldn't go into an Apple store and sweet-talk a Genius into selling you AppleCare+ within the initial return period. No guarantees of course, but since you'd be in the return/rebuy window and the Genius could examine the phone, it'd make sense to allow it.

20. blacka4 macrumors 6502

I don't usually drop my phone, I think I have dropped my droid 4 or 5 times, but the more I think about it with the morphie battery pack I am getting I might not need applecare+ just the regualr applecare because I do keep my phones for about 18 to 22 months. i have had my OG droid since Feb of 10

21. MacFan1701 macrumors member

Except I believe they no longer sell your standard iPhone AppleCare and now only sell AppleCare + for the iPhone.

22. yodayoda macrumors regular

Do you use a case? The reason I'd want applecare+ is so I don't use a case...I have another question for everyone. Say I don't buy AppleCare+ so I'm under the standard warranty and drop my phone and it shatters, does Apple then charge me full retail price for a new one or is it a discounted rate even though its accidental damage to replace the phone? More like 200?

23. deeddawg macrumors 604

Did you read this somewhere? I'm wondering since I don't see any mentions of excluding certain models from Apples "iPhone - AppleCare Protection Plan" page with the bright green Add to Cart button.

24. MacFan1701 macrumors member

Well, this IS why I said I believe, indicating I could be wrong :p

Plus if you go to the main AppleCare page, and click on iPhone, it takes you only to AppleCare + I therefore (apparently wrongly) assumed that that was the only option made available. Clearly, that was my bad. Ooops.

EDIT: Although, looking at the regular AppleCare for iPhone page, at the bottom, the list of compatible models, the list includes all models up to and stopping at the iPhone 4 whereas the AppleCare+ page includes the 3GS, the 4, and the 4S in its list of compatible models.

25. JimK macrumors newbie

If you scroll to the bottom of that page and look at the supported models, you'll see that the 4s is missing.

EDIT: MacFan edited his post while I was writing this.