applecare resellers

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by jassd5, Dec 24, 2009.

1. jassd5 macrumors newbie

I purchased a new Macbook Pro for my daughter. Decided to shop around for an Applecare contract. It seems that they are available from many resellers (eg ecrater , ebay , amazon) at substantial discounts. She would be able to buy from Apple on student plan for $239 but ecrater sells for $210 and ebay for $169. Are these legitimate resellers ? Do they buy Applecare contracts in bulk from Apple? Called Apple and they wouldn't confirm or deny legitimacy ? ANy one with experience out there?

thx in advance

2. SPNarwhal macrumors 65816

SPNarwhal

Yes, it's legit. Just make sure you get the box for it and everything. As Long as it's a brand new unused applecare, it will be fine. Contact the seller beforehand and make sure they give you the physical box though, and not just send the code. I bought mine off eBay and it's perfectly fine.

3. coast1ja macrumors 6502

I have bought applecare codes from ebay and I've never had a problem. I bought from ebay seller: Macman812. Very pleased.

4. iLog.Genius macrumors 601

iLog.Genius

If you're planning to go the eBay route, make sure you get as much information as you can. Although some people have had no problems with eBay purchased AppleCare plans, there are others that aren't so lucky. Today, fake AppleCare plans go past just fake generated codes, they're now making fake boxes to go with fake codes.

We don't need another thread on here complaining how eBay purchased AppleCare are not valid after being told it cleared.

Good luck.