AppleInsider says iPad 2 available right away....

Discussion in 'iPad' started by Wiggum, Feb 25, 2011.

1. Wiggum macrumors member

Title says it all, says it will be available next week!

2. Durious macrumors 6502

counting on it.... trip for work to Houston and will stop at the apple store for 8% taxes.. vs. the 13% I'd pay here plus CDN $ is up and it's 50$ cheaper on top of it! w000t lol

3. 53x12 macrumors 68000

53x12

It says: "Apple may surprise with near immediate availability of iPad 2 next week"

It is all speculation right now. No one knows.

4. Mattstkc macrumors 6502a

Mattstkc

it's all dependent on whether they got pre-approval from the FCC without having to submit a device (which would leak all the details). The WiFi's might be available immediately, but the 3Gs will prob be held up by the FCC approval process, even though Apple pays expediting fees. This is why the iPhone's launch 2 weeks after announcement.

5. Fuji Apple Pie, Feb 25, 2011
    Last edited: Feb 25, 2011

Fuji Apple Pie macrumors newbie

If it uses the same Qualcomm dual band chip as the Verizon iphone, approval has already happened. And if the rumors that it has begun production a few weeks ago are to be believed, I see no reason why they wouldn't release it immediately. But I'm just speculating much like everyone else.

6. sap12690 macrumors 6502

Could it be an announcement Wednesday and Release Friday? That would be AWESOME!!!! why cant Wednesday get here faster!!! :p

7. alex2792 macrumors 6502a

I really doubt it, I'm thinking it launches 2 weeks after announcement.

8. SteveKnobs macrumors 6502

Anyone know if preorders will be available if it is released two weeks later?

9. i eversaw macrumors regular

i eversaw

How could we? this is macrumors

10. vincenz macrumors 601

vincenz

This would be a pleasant surprise. Though it wouldn't make much sense given all the recent rumors about production being delayed and all. I call bogus. Probably just wishful thinking by someone up the rumors chain.

11. SteveKnobs macrumors 6502

Yes but there is some knowledge that floats around here. You know- apple has announced products before. Maybe there's some sort of precedence here.

12. iDisk macrumors 6502a

iDisk

Appleinsider is known for fake title just to get you to click on the articles, besides rumor blogs just filter info between each other.

13. chrishemley823 macrumors newbie

Don't those taxes go to the hospitals to help you not die?

14. chrishemley823 macrumors newbie

This statement is based off nothing except what you think, so still nothing.

Let me call Steve Jobs and ask him.

15. tac22 macrumors 6502

First Appleinsider says they have sources

are they any more reliable then all the other sources. probably not, but its much more likely that its early then delayed.

And your right that the fcc need to approve the 3g version. But really its apple collaborating with carriers for a launch that would put it out 2 weeks or so.

I personally wouldn't be surprised if we see the wifi version within the first week

16. SteveKnobs macrumors 6502

You have his phone number?!? Holy crap dude thats awesome. Do you like text message him all the time? I know I would.

(isn't sarcasm annoying?)

17. bluemonkeyguy macrumors 6502

Sarcasm is un-intelligence's ugly cousin. :D

Probably two weeks though.

18. deeddawg macrumors 604

Yep, when you bring out un-intelligence, sarcasm is often not far behind... :rolleyes:

19. Mlrollin91 macrumors G4

Mlrollin91

I hope so! I will be waiting in line on launch day! :D

20. Austin00 macrumors member

I've asked this before in the front page forum and no one bothered speculating... Too busy shouting at each other over specs.

I honestly and truly believe that the iPad will be available a day or two after the event.

Think about it this way, how often has apple announced a upgraded product and not made it available almost immediately. I know, iPhone, but that relies on other companies collaboration to sell iPhones, as a carrier is required. Apple dont like telling masses of people (i.e. carrier's employee's) ahead of a product launch about unreleased gadgets, so that week or so is for AT&T to get their staff clued up on whats happening.

It would be madness to not have this product available as soon as, because current sales of 1st gen products would plummet.

Ipod touches, ipods, macbooks and MBP's all get releases almost instantly in most cases. Obviously iPad1 could afford the delay in the initial launch because theres nothing competing, or was currently available for you to buy otherwise.

I am expecting the next iPad to be out on thursday for me to go to an apple store to pick up and take home. And will be very surprised if it takes apple longer than a week from announcement to release the thing.

21. mcfadyen macrumors regular

In Canada? No...they go to the politicians to help them not lose elections. :cool:

22. yuanmoons macrumors 6502

Do people think itll be released in UK as well?

23. JulianL macrumors 65816

Everyone is guessing so I'll say yes and no (I assume you mean will it be released at the same time as the USA).

The case for saying yes - The iPad 1 was the first ever release and now that the iPad 2 is a refresh product they might adopt the same international rollout strategy as they did with the iPhone 4, i.e. about 7 (8? 9?) countries got the iPhone 4 on launch day and then other countries followed on later.

The case for saying no - If there are any production issues or supply shortages with the iPad 2 then Apple might well adopt a similar rollout strategy to the one they used with the iPad 1 and limit it to the US initially with international shippments following on later.

Ultimately noone knows except Apple. I think it will all depend on how many units they have been able to pre-build for the initial launch day and we don't even know when that is. Technically we don't even know when the announcement day is but, given the artwork for the invitiation for next Wednesday's event, one would have to be pretty perverse (IMO) to not believe that will be the new iPad announcement.

- Julian

24. 53x12 macrumors 68000

53x12

What makes you think that this won't happen anyways?

25. Stealthipad macrumors 68040

Stealthipad

I think many here are building themselves up for a great disappointment:eek: