Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

SkippyThorson

macrumors 68000
Jul 22, 2007
Utica, NY
Similar things existed 30 years ago. It just was with remote control but same thing. Never got it as I never saw the need. If people have that many things in life that they keep losing then maybe it would be a good idea to 'de-clutter' their lives :)))

Yeah, you're right. I should just take all my device remotes, work key rings, and secondary car keys and just throw them all in the garbage right now. Save the headache.

• Haha
Reactions: Freida

DeepIn2U

macrumors G5
May 30, 2002
Toronto, Ontario, Canada
If there are priced right, I’d buy a dozen ($20 to $30 each). If they’re priced like typical Apple hobbies ($40 or more each) I’ll buy just one, maybe two.
[automerge]1603385524[/automerge]

Really hope they are. I’d happily stick one to all sorts of things.

ROFLMAO playa for $15 I’d try to sneak sticking one with haptic engine, somewhere where another product market actually makes big profit margins ;) not for me personally he’ll no, but for somebody else lol ;)

DeepIn2U

macrumors G5
May 30, 2002
Toronto, Ontario, Canada
Pointless product.Use your brain and don’t be so absent minded.

my thoughts exactly.

when I was 6yr old I lost keys like crazy in ‘80-81 probably 6-8 in a span of 5mths.

pops was super upset and worried my mom cause of a) the danger I’d be alone for hours in the hall or the park waiting for them to come home, b) the potential of mischievous tings I’d get into and c) the neighborhood embarrassment towards them of either a/b being publicly known.

the solution - adapt. Force me to learn not to use keys by having no keys, having Jamaican dimes to make calls at pay phone to coordinate after school program endings to wait for 15mins until my mom would arrive at the school.

it worked. The bonus was realizing that not only did Jamaican dimes worked at the Bell pay phones, they worked at the video arcade (took them 6mths to narrow down how much they lost on 50cent games or token exchange machines lol). Also benefit in transit coin deposit because driver never paid attention - a weeks worth was snack food for lunch ;)
Another bonus was keeping the laundry change of quarters that was my chore for the family laundry at 11yr old - gave me LOTS of pocket money for Xmas presents lunch money and a toy here and there LMAO. yes pops created a lil monster and although the laundry change brought a bit of public non approval of bldg neighbours he did actually think it was a very sneaky and smart idea.

moral. Don’t rely on technology to remember things - use your brain and get savvy to advance the sue of technology toy your benefit.

to quote a book in the upcoming movie remake this winter “though shalt not create a machine in the likeness of the human mind” - dune.

Reactions: David1964

Henry S

macrumors regular
Feb 18, 2011
If I have to use a leather pouch to attach it to my keychain, that will be a deal killer. I already have to carry too much on it.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.