Apple's Company Store at Infinite Loop Reopens on September 19

Tech198

macrumors G5
Mar 21, 2011
Australia, Perth
yes, but unlike Apple themselves the Company Store does not export to Australia. I had to get all my 'inferior' :apple:t-shirts of eBay...

I feel so violated :(

They could get allot more business if they did.

Reactions: LaraCroft835

rjlawrencejr

macrumors 6502
Jun 7, 2007
LA/OC/IE
Pretty much. It's not as if Apple is a tourist attraction. You can't go and tour the place. Seems silly to drive all the way there simply for a t-shirt.

I've grabbed a thing or two from their store (bring an employee friend with and use their discount) when there for meetings with the iOS or security teams, or when coming to use their test labs. It's pretty empty most of the time.
As someone else said, my experience was quite different as well in July 2013. The store was quite busy for a Tuesday morning.

Keirasplace

macrumors 601
Aug 6, 2014
Montreal
The dislike for Burberry in the UK comes from the 2000's "chav" culture that Burberry was synonymous with - for that, the name Burberry will be forever tarnished to the UK mainstream.
Seeemingly not now. They've recovered a lot of luster in the last 10 years.

d4nim4l

macrumors newbie
Jun 27, 2015
...but unlike traditional Apple Retail Stores it does not offer services such as the Genius Bar or sell products like Macs, iPhones or iPads.
ummmm except yes they do. Look, the picture even has pictures of iPads and Macs on display.

d4nim4l

macrumors newbie
Jun 27, 2015
No anyone can go. they Sell T-Shirts, Jumpers, Pens and Notepads. Official Apple stuff that you can't buy anywhere else. I suspect there will be some new things.

I went 2 days before it shut and bought a load of sale stuff. But have to say quality of some of the clothes was not up to Apple standards. Some was great though.
It is mostly employees. when I worked for Apple we got extra excited to get to go work in Cupertino so we could buy from the company store. Tourists go too though.

Mac2me

macrumors 6502a
Jun 10, 2015
Hubby has some t-shirts from there that are my favorites. Very nice quality and color and with a small apple logo. Very understated but that's what I like about Apple products in general. I think he's gotten a jacket from there as well and one time he picked up a cellphone case for me that I loved; and I almost hated to get a new phone because I like the case style and it got retired with the new phone. 'course I opted for the next gen phone over the case :D but it was my favorite case I've had. So they sell all kinds of things. He says bus loads of tourists come through every so often to stop at the Apple headquarters. Big stop over for the techy crowd. Lots of people love to say they were at Apple's headquarters, some picture taking there, and the store is located right up front near the main entrance. I didn't realize it was open on Saturdays.

Reactions: sir1963nz

CFreymarc

Suspended
Sep 4, 2009
If you think that is bad, then there are the primordial hippies that are still maintaining their Apple ]['s. Look around and you'll see brand new Apple ][ expansion cards made with modern semiconductors for Apple ]['s. There are even WiFi cards!

CFreymarc

Suspended
Sep 4, 2009
Visited there for my 50th birthday (all the way from NZ).
For my 50th, I went to Vegas. Drank, gambled, saw shows, lots of strippers, fire full automatic weapons and even hot tub jumped with a bunch of girls from NZ. Be funny if you were from Christchurch like those Kiwi babes.

MaxBlast

macrumors newbie
Dec 23, 2011
i once nicked a biro there , it is still working and here with me at my desk :) got the apple logo on it and "the company store" written on it.

Infinitewisdom

macrumors 6502a
Sep 23, 2012
I am looking forward to the mothership company store. That should blow the socks off this one. And this one looks nice.
It's not bad looking, but I was definitely a little disappointed. Being the company store, it feels more like an outdated shopping mall store. They've gone away from the black and wood motif years ago.

barberio

macrumors regular
Oct 26, 2009
Great, a 16oz cup is exactly what I'm looking for.
The Apple company store Coffee Mug will revolutionise the way you drink caffeinated beverages. You used to only be able to drink Apple brand coffee in it, but now you can drink any brand of coffee. It's still difficult to drink tea with it.

I hear that Samsung have the same exact coffee mug at their company store, but the handle is on the inside.

Microsoft's company store got their coffee mug to market first, but no one likes the "hole in the bottom so you can drink both ways" feature.

The Google company store sells coffee beans, and the same mug from Samsung with the handle taken out.

The Blackberry company store is now a parking lot next to a Starbucks.

Gizmotoy

macrumors 65816
Nov 6, 2003
I talked to the store staff before they closed down to ask them if they where going to be moving The Company Store in to the new mothership building and they said no.
What I don't understand is why they're bothering to renovate the place now. If they're planning to relocate the whole campus to the new building, how much use are they going to get out of this renovated space? 2-3 years? I was in there not long ago and the place didn't appear in desperate need of renovation... I think it could have made it.