Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

samcraig

macrumors P6
Jun 22, 2009
USA
Judging from the fact that there is no mac in macrumors anymore is reason enough to ditch this site. Even Worse is the constant unmoderated bullying of Apple fans by Fandroids... Covert or not, this place is no longer a good place for anything Apple enthusiast related.

Sorry you feel that way. I don't agree that this is no longer a good place. I think there's a lot of great people - and yes - there's a lot of noise perpetuated by people in general - both those who are fans of Apple and those of other tech. Ultimately though - this site would be very boring if everyone just praised Apple. And while I am sure there are people who "only" own Apple products. I imagine there's a lot of people who own some or a lot of Apple tech but also others and everyone should be welcome to post here.

IJ Reilly

macrumors P6
Jul 16, 2002
Palookaville
Exactly, people forgets than you don't have to be a monopoly to be accused of anti competitive practices

You can't forget something you never knew. Genuine monopolies rarely exist, but many other forms of anticompetitive behaviors often do. It should be a dead giveaway that the competition protection regulations are not called antimonopoly laws, they are called antitrust laws.

MrNomNoms

macrumors 65816
Jan 25, 2011
Wellington, New Zealand
Apple's practice of telling carriers how many phones they must sell and threatening to penalize them

Holly crap the EU are dumber than a bag of hammers. They really think that Apple is unique in those regards? Talk to Coca Cola, Pepsi, Unilever or any of the major labels that sell to supermarkets regarding discounts and conditions that their products are put in prime locations. Heck, I remember when I signed up to a distributor back when I sold computer parts I was required to buy at least $20,000 of merchandise off the distributor per month to maintain my account with them. Such contracts aren't new - but of course with the EU in its financial straights (caused by their own stupid policies) they're now eyeing up Apple's $140billion cash pile in a hope that they can pillage it.

nepalisherpa

macrumors 68020
Aug 15, 2011
USA
Your pretty sad at maths aren't you, let alone reading.

Supercenter32
Asda Superstore314
Asda Living32
Asda Petrol Filling Station1
Asda Supermarket186

Guess what all that adds up too? 565 it's magical!

Awesome. Your prize is on its way. By the way, it is "You are pretty sad" and not "Your pretty sad".

It was a quick reply so I did not bother adding the numbers up. My mistake!

Last edited:

G4DP

macrumors 65816
Mar 28, 2007
Awesome. Your prize is on its way. By the way, it is "You are pretty sad" and not "Your pretty sad".

It was a quick reply so I did not bother adding the numbers up. My mistake!

Actually, it is the spell check system on OSX that caused the error in spelling.

It should have said You're, not Your.

However that is not important is it?

You do not need any time to add up, it is easy to see within 2 seconds of glancing the screen how the total figure was reached.

bwillwall

Suspended
Dec 24, 2009
Except in America it's Android markets that have the sales people in a choke hold... at least on Verizon. If you bring up the word iPhone in a verizon store every sales person cringes as if they can't stand to think not getting the sale commission I'm sure they do for Android phones that they do their best to shove down people's throats.

nepalisherpa

macrumors 68020
Aug 15, 2011
USA
Actually, it is the spell check system on OSX that caused the error in spelling.

It should have said You're, not Your.

However that is not important is it?

You do not need any time to add up, it is easy to see within 2 seconds of glancing the screen how the total figure was reached.

Same with spelling. Don't blame autocorrect for it. It is easy to see within 1 second of glancing the screen if the spelling/grammar is wrong.

Let's not escalate this.

adamtore

macrumors member
Sep 2, 2011
Sweden
I'm sorry, your post made me see the light. I didn't realize until now that Apple was putting out garbage products. Guess I'll stop buying from them and start buying better foreign products?

Woe be us Americans to be proud of our country and goods. Patriotism is completely overrated...

Stating that Apple products are American. Then you make fun of others. God damn its a hillbilly whiskey tango world we live in. And the internets made it worse :(

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.