Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

MacRumors

macrumors bot
Original poster
Apr 12, 2001

Apple's flagship Covent Garden store in London is set to reopen on Friday, October 26 following a three month renovation period, Apple announced today in its Apple Store app.

Covent Garden is set to reopen on the same day that the colorful new iPhone XR debuts, and to celebrate the store's relaunch, Apple has designed a cheery reopening graphic.

applecoventgarden-800x407.jpg

The Covent Garden store closed on June 27 to be overhauled with the new store design first introduced at the Union Square location in San Francisco back in 2016.

Since Apple revamped its San Francisco Apple Store layout with the Genius Grove for getting help, The Avenue for shopping, a Forum for viewing presentations, and an area for Today at Apple classes, the company has been expanding the design to new and existing retail stores across the world.

Covent Garden is the latest store to be updated, and its unveiling follows the recent re-opening of Apple's Palo Alto flagship store in California, which has been updated with a living wall of greenery, a large television screen at the back, redesigned accessory walls, new tables, and indoor trees, all signature features of the new store design.

When it opened back in 2010, Covent Garden was Apple's largest retail location in the world, and it has always been one of the best-known Apple stores due to its unique interior with tall arched windows, stone columns and archways, and vaulted ceiling, design features Apple will retain.

coventgarden_hero_2x-800x533.jpg
Apple's Covent Garden store in 2015​

Apple retail locations that debut on device launch days often open early, so while the Apple Store app doesn't yet list a specific time when the doors will open at Covent Garden, customers should be able to get in right around 8:00 a.m. local time for iPhone XR purchases. Apple will provide additional information as the launch date approaches.

Article Link: Apple's Covent Garden Store in London to Reopen on October 26

Last edited:

BODYBUILDERPAUL

Suspended
Feb 9, 2009
Barcelona
Gotta say, this is the prettiest Apple Store in the UK.
Pleased it's getting a makeover though as it hasn't changed much in 10+ years.
Hope they have some OLED TVs to demonstrate the Apple TV 4K as all they used was very very cheap looking LG sets that didn't give a brilliant picture to the ATV and looked out of place next to all of the Apple designs.

Feenician

macrumors 603
Jun 13, 2016
Gotta say, this is the prettiest Apple Store in the UK.
Pleased it's getting a makeover though as it hasn't changed much in 10+ years.
Hope they have some OLED TVs to demonstrate the Apple TV 4K as all they used was very very cheap looking LG sets that didn't give a brilliant picture to the ATV and looked out of place next to all of the Apple designs.

It was my go-to store when I lived in London. I had a really great customer experience in it where a Genius replaced an iPad that I smashed, with no AppleCare and no pressure to buy any, for free. Restored it from iCloud using Apple’s WiFi while sitting outside eating pizza and drinking wine at Coventry Garden Market.

fullfast

macrumors 6502
Mar 24, 2010
Must admit I love both of the stores, Regent and Covent.....am also lucky enough to walk past covent every day on way to office....have tried to see inside but shrouded in secrecy as always

Have missed not having it open....before it closed I asked what the refurb was going to be like and they said minor overallas not much they can do with it....mainly tech and cosmetic

Was in Barcelona over summer now that is a store to see...WOW

Reactions: dabotsonline
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.