Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Joshuaorange

macrumors member
Nov 22, 2023
Iā€™ve been there. Trust me, you arenā€™t missing anything. Unless of course you really needed that $75 black turtleneck with micro sized logo or the mug or maybe the silly onesie.

Wyatt82

macrumors newbie
Oct 30, 2015
Milwaukee, WI
I got the pen and mug when I went in 2019. The mug is a Hasami Japanese and very nice! Hope they continue to sell

image.jpg

typecase

macrumors 6502
Feb 2, 2005
I loved that store. We saw some Apple employees shop there for merch so that was cool and I almost felt like one of the gang. I still use my Apple branded water bottle and got some other apple branded stuff while there but that was before Angela Ahrendts wrecked it with the premium makeover. When I visited it looked very much like it did when in the early apple days with the original Mac icons all over the place. Also, when I visited we thought we saw Steve's black no plate Mercedes in one of the parking spots at Infinite Loop which was as close to seeing him as I ever got but it was a thrill nonetheless. Sad that chapter is now closed. You can't go home again is as true now as it ever was.

iZac

macrumors 68030
Apr 28, 2003
UK
Too bad ā€¦ I was going to go there to buy an Apple Watch in a few days time ;)

• Haha
Reactions: klasma

ipedro

macrumors 603
Nov 30, 2004
Toronto, ON
Damn. Every time I went, it was closed. I was thinking of going back to California next year; guess itā€™ll be gone for good. I did get to peek inside One Infinite Loop and also visited the Apple Park store.

It really doesnā€™t hurt them to keep this store open, even as a show piece. Itā€™s kind of a historical landmark from the Steve Jobs era.

msackey

macrumors 68030
Oct 8, 2020
I visited that store ages ago when a friend worked there and there were no such thing as Apple Stores. At that time, non-employees could not visit without being accompanied by an employee.

sw1tcher

macrumors 603
Jan 6, 2004
Apple today confirmed that it will be permanently closing its Infinite Loop retail store in Cupertino, California on January 20.
Man I would have loved to visit that piece of history.
Dang it, wish I could've visited there.
and I never got to visitā€¦ wow.
end of an era RIP

would've been nice to visit, ah well.

You all have 30 days to visit before it closes on Jan. 20, 2024

Last edited:

DMG35

Contributor
May 27, 2021
Former headquarters doesn't mean much. Steve Job's garage? Now that's interesting.
Itā€™s still a piece of Apple history and the headquarters where some of Appleā€™s most significant products were born. Just because you donā€™t think itā€™s a historical place doesnā€™t mean it isnā€™t.

Also donā€™t backtrack on your original comment. You clearly didnā€™t read the article and thought this was just a store closing.

Cancelled
Jan 31, 2023
There are a lot of Apple Stores in the South SF Bay where Cupertino is close to. Likely they are closing this store and storage on the ground floor to consolidate and free up some of the older legacy buildings across South De Anza Blvd from them. Recently Apple has been adding lots more larger buildings in Sunnyvale Locations which is the city just north of Cupertino. Example of a recent project from 2 years ago that is now active.

Do they still occupy building on De Anza and Bandley? Some of those buildings have some Apple historical significance. I think one of the buildings on Bandley is where the original Macintosh team was housed.

• Wow
Reactions: amartinez1660

gobears81

macrumors newbie
Dec 14, 2011
I used to visit the Infinite Loop Company Store about once a week. It was incredible; such a crazy variety of clothes. Then everything went south in 2015 with a miserable update, making it more like any other Apple Store.
Between 2004 and 2015 when I visited the Company Store frequently, they had an enormous variety of Apple clothing, including for children and even babies (onesies). Around 2015 they stopped offering clothes for kids and babies, among many other things, like sweatshirts, quarter zips, polo shirts, rain jackets, etc. etc. etc.
2015 was very sad for me.
This isn't that big of a deal compared to what happened in 2015; if anything I was surprised it was still open when I read this today.

BCARLLUVSM1

macrumors newbie
Nov 30, 2021
Saw the store, but it was closed when I came to Cupertino. Wished I had a chance to actually visit it.

Realityck

macrumors G4
Nov 9, 2015
Silicon Valley, CA
Do they still occupy building on De Anza and Bandley? Some of those buildings have some Apple historical significance. I think one of the buildings on Bandley is where the original Macintosh team was housed.
Reference
The old building appears to be still there if you look at street view with Apple or Google Maps.

Last edited:
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.