Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

MacRumors

macrumors bot
Original poster
Apr 12, 2001

Following the announcement of an upcoming September 12 iPhone-centric event, Apple has made its Events page live with details on timing, how to watch, and more. The Apple Event page is updated ahead of every event, and typically features an interactive augmented reality easter egg viewable on iOS devices, but Apple did not create one this time around.

apple-2023-event.jpg

Rather than an AR experience, the Events page features an animated Apple logo made from grains of a metallic material. The grains float off into the distance continually, for a swirling effect. It has not gone unnoticed that the Apple logo is a metallic gray and blue shade, which happen to be two of the colors rumored for the upcoming iPhone 15 Pro and iPhone 15 Pro Max.

The two higher-end iPhone models will feature a titanium frame instead of a stainless steel frame, with a brushed titanium finish that will look different than the shiny stainless steel. Color options are said to include a titanium gray shade (similar to the color of the Apple Watch Ultra), a blue gray color, a black shade, and a lighter silver shade.

Apple's tagline for the event is "Wonderlust," a play on the word wanderlust.

The September 12 event will take place at 10:00 a.m. Pacific Time. There will be an in-person component for some YouTubers and members of the media, but the majority of people will watch online through the Apple Events page in any browser, on YouTube, or through the Apple TV app on compatible devices. The event is prerecorded, similar to last year's event.

For those unable to watch, MacRumors will be providing full event coverage on MacRumors.com and the MacRumorsLive Twitter account. We'll cover the event live, and we'll also have in-depth coverage of the announcements in the following days.

Article Link: Apple's iPhone 15 Event Page Goes Live, Features Animation Instead of AR Easter Egg

Boy261

macrumors member
Dec 13, 2021
I no longer get hyped about Apple events since they are pre-recorded infomercials now; but I am looking forward to playing the “which rumors were true” game. Props to the animator that made that blue apple logo. Super cool graphic.

I also think the same, though since then we have more Craig jokes 😂

jwdsail

macrumors 6502a
Mar 3, 2004

Following the announcement of an upcoming September 12 iPhone-centric event, Apple has made its Events page live with details on timing, how to watch, and more. The Apple Event page is updated ahead of every event, and typically features an interactive augmented reality easter egg viewable on iOS devices, but Apple did not create one this time around.

apple-2023-event.jpg

Rather than an AR experience, the Events page features an animated Apple logo made from grains of a metallic material. The grains float off into the distance continually, for a swirling effect. It has not gone unnoticed that the Apple logo is a metallic gray and blue shade, which happen to be two of the colors rumored for the upcoming iPhone 15 Pro and iPhone 15 Pro Max.

The two higher-end iPhone models will feature a titanium frame instead of a stainless steel frame, with a brushed titanium finish that will look different than the shiny stainless steel. Color options are said to include a titanium gray shade (similar to the color of the Apple Watch Ultra), a blue gray color, a black shade, and a lighter silver shade.

Apple's tagline for the event is "Wonderlust," a play on the word wanderlust.

The September 12 event will take place at 10:00 a.m. Pacific Time. There will be an in-person component for some YouTubers and members of the media, but the majority of people will watch online through the Apple Events page in any browser, on YouTube, or through the Apple TV app on compatible devices. The event is prerecorded, similar to last year's event.

For those unable to watch, MacRumors will be providing full event coverage on MacRumors.com and the MacRumorsLive Twitter account. We'll cover the event live, and we'll also have in-depth coverage of the announcements in the following days.

Article Link: Apple's iPhone 15 Event Page Goes Live, Features Animation Instead of AR Easter Egg

So, an "Everyone Loves Raymond" is coming to AppleTV+ announcement then?

Reactions: compwiz1202

Unregistered 4U

macrumors G4
Jul 22, 2002
Apple will announce that, in the most supreme environmental move, they will be plasma disintegrating their entire inventoried and released products (all products ship with the tech) in such a way as to leave no trace that there was ever an Apple company.

When asked about the rumor, Tim Cook waved his hands before his face while saying, “Doodle-do, doodle-do, doodle-do” and backing away slowly.

• Haha
Reactions: Pinkyyy 💜🍎

Unregistered 4U

macrumors G4
Jul 22, 2002
I think the dust is a reference to DMLS (Direct Metal Laser Sintering) i.e. “metal 3D printing”.
I was today years old when I learned that sintering means the same thing as frittage. Fortunately I’ve never used the word frittage improperly, ever.

bunty

macrumors regular
Oct 14, 2008
It's animated? Sound? I tried Safari, Safari Technology Preview, and Firefox and it's just a simple silent static image for me. Same thing on my iPhone, just a silent static image.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.