Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

iZac

macrumors 68030
Apr 28, 2003
UK
Two weeks lead time is quite generous, normally they put out invites the week before, no?

OK, for teaser theories ... err, the speckles look like grains of sand so ... the iPhone Ultra is sandblasted titanium?

Reactions: AmazeSE

Unregistered 4U

macrumors G4
Jul 22, 2002
It's animated? Sound? I tried Safari, Safari Technology Preview, and Firefox and it's just a simple silent static image for me. Same thing on my iPhone, just a silent static image.
I also didn’t get sound. Do you at least see the “play” button in the lower right of the black area of the header?

bunty

macrumors regular
Oct 14, 2008
I also didn’t get sound. Do you at least see the “play” button in the lower right of the black area of the header?
Nope. No play button anywhere. Same thing on my phone, my wife's, my iMac (in three different browsers), our MacBook and a work iPad. I mean, at this point I think people are kidding around saying it's animated.

StaceyMJ86

macrumors demi-goddess
Sep 22, 2015
Washington, DC
Nope. No play button anywhere. Same thing on my phone, my wife's, my iMac (in three different browsers), our MacBook and a work iPad. I mean, at this point I think people are kidding around saying it's animated.
I had sound with mine. I can’t remember the link I clicked on since it was on another thread.

Last edited:

Leon Ze Professional

macrumors 6502a
Sep 23, 2021
"the Events page features an animated Apple logo made from grains of a metallic material. The grains float off into the distance continually, for a swirling effect. It has not gone unnoticed that the Apple logo is a metallic gray and blue shade, which happen to be two of the colors rumored for the upcoming iPhone 15 Pro and iPhone 15 Pro Max."

Kudos for the brilliant artwork on the Apple logo. This looks so cool, and Apple have pulled of the theme for this year's event, subtle again!

Mr. Y

macrumors 6502
Oct 12, 2011
Wanderlust also means “restless” and the image appears to be a continuous, infinite loop of movement.

The main groove in the logo also resemble the grooves found in the watch where the lugs for the straps slide in.

bobcomer

macrumors 601
May 18, 2015
It was animated on my Windows PC using Edge. The twitter post one in the OP message anyway.

DeepIn2U

macrumors G5
May 30, 2002
Toronto, Ontario, Canada
Apple nailed it! Hands down! Exciting times ahead!!!

I just love the animation and the music in the background. Only Apple can pull it off. So powerful! 💥

View attachment 2252211

Right on.

Interesting ... anyone else notice that despite all the hate towards X/ahem - Twitter that Apple STILL chose to push this special event on that platform first and foremost?!

Right on.

Interesting ... anyone else notice that despite all the hate towards X/ahem - Twitter that Apple STILL chose to push this special event on that platform first and foremost?!
Agreed! That’s a good point. Makes me wonder why Apple didn’t use Threads or Mostadon to push the special event? The answer is right there!

AF_APPLETALK

macrumors 6502a
Nov 12, 2020
Yes same here! We were able to enjoy the latest and greatest tech with camera enhancements during the summer!
I remember in 2009, I was able to take my new 16GB White iPhone 3GS with me on my summer vacation. I shot so many videos on it, and those. memories are preserved.
Same! That was my first iPhone (except black). Made the start of summer more fun!

• Love
Reactions: ShivneelSingh

bigjnyc

macrumors 604
Apr 10, 2008
It's funny but as a kid I used to hate September so much because it meant summer vacation was over and school was starting.... but as an adult it's my favorite time of the year... New iPhone announcement and the start of Football season.

Reactions: Tofupunch
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.