Apple's July 7th Media

MacRumors

macrumors bot
Original poster
Apr 12, 2001

MacBidouille provides some photos from a July 7th media gathering dedicated to the iPod.

News network were present, and it was quite diversified, not restricted to computer-dedicated news networks.
The "event" was first noted on June 26th which sparked speculation about iTunes Phone releases for this week, but turned out to be a non-event.

Besides a few photos, there is no real information about the purpose of the gathering. MacBidouille speculates that the iTunes phone announcement was the original purpose but it was delayed for unclear reasons.

ham_man

macrumors 68020
Jan 21, 2005
So the event occured, just nothing actually went done. Odd to say the least...

Mac_Freak

macrumors 6502a
Apr 22, 2005
What was that event all about? I read that though it had happen, the main reson for it being was caneled or moved to other time. :confused:

And why was this evet sucha secret?

jimsowden

macrumors 68000
Sep 6, 2003
NY
You don't get a bunch of reporters togeather to tell them nothing. Something happened.

Abstract

macrumors Penryn
Dec 27, 2002
Location Location Location
Hi, my name is Steve Jobs and I called this media event for a reason, and when I figure out what the reason, I'll let you know. So.....um.......how's that itch, Ken? Did the cream take care of it?"

rdowns

macrumors Penryn
Jul 11, 2003
jimsowden said:
You don't get a bunch of reporters togeather to tell them nothing. Something happened.
Apparently, you have never watched a presidential news conference.

firestarter

macrumors 603
Dec 31, 2002
Green and pleasant land
Maybe...

1/ They decided to can the announcements at the last minute since it was a busy news day, with the London thing going on.

2/ Maybe they assumed that Paris would have won the Olympics the day before, and this was some 'Apple official XYZ of Olympics XXX'. No Olympic win, no marketing event...

puckhead193

macrumors G3
May 25, 2004
NY
my question is, in the link, whats that on his keyboard....i hope its water.. :eek: ;)

it doesn't look like egg as the title says....

Attachments

longofest

Editor emeritus
Jul 10, 2003
Falls Church, VA
I like the quotes you put around the word 'event' Arn. Made me chuckle. You should rename the site "Macrumors and sometimes even jokes". Too bad it would suck as a name, and you already have a really money name.

:)

Chip NoVaMac

macrumors G3
Dec 25, 2003
Northern Virginia
Abstract said:
Hi, my name is Steve Jobs and I called this media event for a reason, and when I figure out what the reason, I'll let you know. So.....um.......how's that itch, Ken? Did the cream take care of it?"
Sounds like some special meetings that a former employer had for us every few weeks
:eek:

jcshas

macrumors 6502
Oct 8, 2003
I wonder if this was called off at the last minute because of the terrorist bombings in London. Would you really want to launch a product when the attention of the entire world is focused on something far more important?

g4cubed

macrumors 6502a
Jun 2, 2004
firestarter said:
Maybe...

1/ They decided to can the announcements at the last minute since it was a busy news day, with the London thing going on.

2/ Maybe they assumed that Paris would have won the Olympics the day before, and this was some 'Apple official XYZ of Olympics XXX'. No Olympic win, no marketing event...
LMAO
My vote is #2