Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Cancelled
Jul 12, 2016
nah my browser history goes to the grave with me :oops:
Nobody cares about your browsing history. It’s more or less, what they (I.e-Family, friends, ect.) would have access to specific accounts that have passwords that require your authentication. Why would anybody care about what you’re browsing? (Rhetorical of course).

PinkyMacGodess

Suspended
Mar 7, 2007
Midwest America.
But keep this in mind...

We only live once.jpeg

Cancelled
Jul 12, 2016
it was a joke mate. lighten up.
You expect somebody to understand the context of your post as a joke? Not everybody shares your interpretation. Like I said, your browsing history isn’t relevant to what the topic is about, it’s your stored/secured passwords and information. I think you were making a joke in spite that you didn’t even read the thread article.

Pilot Jones

macrumors 6502a
Oct 2, 2020
You expect somebody to understand the context of your post as a joke? Not everybody shares your interpretation. Like I said, your browsing history isn’t relevant to what the topic is about, it’s your stored/secured passwords and information. I think you were making a joke in spite that you didn’t even read the thread article.

someone woke up on the wrong side of the bed today.

hope your day gets better from here on out, peace & love ✌️

Reactions: D.T. and KindJamz

Cancelled
Jul 12, 2016
someone woke up on the wrong side of the bed today.

hope your day gets better from here on out, peace & love ✌️
….But I get out on the same side of the bed every day.😁

No harm. No foul. I’m just calling your post out in terms of I didn’t suspect you understood the article contents.

E.Lizardo

macrumors 68000
May 28, 2008
Can someone please explain to me why this is preferable to ensuring that your family have access to your passwords? They can then log in to all devices, including having access to keychain.
No one made that claim so no explanation needed.

kinless

macrumors regular
Apr 2, 2003
Tustin, California
2008 Macbook used 2.5" hard disk drive. It is very easy to open the back cover with/without a screw driver. And then remove the hard disk. Get an external 2.5" hard disk enclosure and install the disk into it. Finally plug the external hard disk to any Mac.

Didn't even need to go that far. Finally picked up my deceased nephew's MacBook and found it still ran Leopard 10.5.8. Booted into single-user mode and simply changed the admin password via the command line. Boom, we were able to login and salvage his photos.

Still, there wouldn't have been much hope if it was one of today's machines with a modern OS. I'm counting on Apple to expand Legacy Contact to macOS devices.

Reactions: PinkyMacGodess

PinkyMacGodess

Suspended
Mar 7, 2007
Midwest America.
Didn't even need to go that far. Finally picked up my deceased nephew's MacBook and found it still ran Leopard 10.5.8. Booted into single-user mode and simply changed the admin password via the command line. Boom, we were able to login and salvage his photos.

Still, there wouldn't have been much hope if it was one of today's machines with a modern OS. I'm counting on Apple to expand Legacy Contact to macOS devices.

Yeah. Mom died. She loved her iPads and iPhones. After she died, we thought we had all of them rounded up, and deleted her iCloud account, and then found a couple more iPads, and an iPhone. All junk by then. *sigh*

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.