Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

MacRumors

macrumors bot
Original poster
Apr 12, 2001

Apple's 14-inch M3 MacBook Pro is available for multiple all-time low prices today at Best Buy, starting at $1,399.00 for the M3 512GB model, down from $1,599.00. The prices in this article reflect final deal prices applied for My Best Buy Plus or My Best Buy Total members.

macbook-pro-best-buy-snow.jpg
Note: MacRumors is an affiliate partner with some of these vendors. When you click a link and make a purchase, we may receive a small payment, which helps us keep the site running.

If you don't have a membership, you can still purchase the notebook at a solid second-best price, which Amazon is matching. For the 512GB 14-inch M3 MacBook Pro, that means you can get it on Amazon for $1,449.00 in both Space Gray and Silver.

Secondly, Best Buy has the 1TB 14-inch M3 MacBook Pro for $1,549.00, down from $1,799.00. This one is a new all-time low price at $250 off, and it's again only available for My Best Buy Plus and My Best Buy Total members.

Similar to the 512GB model, Amazon has the 1TB 14-inch M3 MacBook Pro at a second-best price of $1,599.00 in both colors. This is also the same price that you'll find on Best Buy if you aren't a My Best Buy Plus or Total member.

Keep up with all of this week's best discounts on Apple products and related accessories in our dedicated Apple Deals roundup.

Article Link: Apple's New 14-Inch MacBook Pro Available From $1,399 With Latest Steep Discounts

• Haha
Reactions: Jhonjhon236

utsava

macrumors 6502
Jun 24, 2004
I wish 16GB RAM was commonplace for M3 (as it should). Some people don't need or want M3 Pro levels of power (or power consumption) but want sufficient RAM without buying a preposterously priced RAM upgrade which then makes it uneconomical to get an upgraded M3 MBP.
This exactly... I'd like an M3 MacBook Air 15" with 16GB of RAM for a reasonable price. I'd even take the current M2 version iwth 16GB RAM, but the $200 RAM update kills the whole value proposition of the device. If the base M3 MacBook Pro had 16GB, it's be an amazing value, but Apple found a way to ruin it.

anakin44011

macrumors regular
Jan 6, 2004
This exactly... I'd like an M3 MacBook Air 15" with 16GB of RAM for a reasonable price. I'd even take the current M2 version iwth 16GB RAM, but the $200 RAM update kills the whole value proposition of the device. If the base M3 MacBook Pro had 16GB, it's be an amazing value, but Apple found a way to ruin it.
Check out BH Photo - they are offering both 16GB M3 Pro and 16GB M2 Air at $150-$200 off.

4odomi

Cancelled
Jan 19, 2018

Apple's 14-inch M3 MacBook Pro is available for multiple all-time low prices today at Best Buy, starting at $1,399.00 for the M3 512GB model, down from $1,599.00. The prices in this article reflect final deal prices applied for My Best Buy Plus or My Best Buy Total members.

macbook-pro-best-buy-snow.jpg
Note: MacRumors is an affiliate partner with some of these vendors. When you click a link and make a purchase, we may receive a small payment, which helps us keep the site running.

If you don't have a membership, you can still purchase the notebook at a solid second-best price, which Amazon is matching. For the 512GB 14-inch M3 MacBook Pro, that means you can get it on Amazon for $1,449.00 in both Space Gray and Silver.

Secondly, Best Buy has the 1TB 14-inch M3 MacBook Pro for $1,549.00, down from $1,799.00. This one is a new all-time low price at $250 off, and it's again only available for My Best Buy Plus and My Best Buy Total members.

Similar to the 512GB model, Amazon has the 1TB 14-inch M3 MacBook Pro at a second-best price of $1,599.00 in both colors. This is also the same price that you'll find on Best Buy if you aren't a My Best Buy Plus or Total member.

Keep up with all of this week's best discounts on Apple products and related accessories in our dedicated Apple Deals roundup.

Article Link: Apple's New 14-Inch MacBook Pro Available From $1,399 With Latest Steep Discounts
Great machine for the average consumer, looking for top quality hardware, I've had mine for 3 weeks, however I would say unless you can add 8gb of RAM, I wouldn't recommend these deals 16gb RAM really unlocks this chip.
For instance, on Spedometer 2.1 (speed of web browsing) the 16gb version is a 100 points more, which is noticeable, it's also significantly quicker in exporting photos and with 3G Blender apps.
Don't get the base 8gb version, for the sake of saving a couple of hundred $

craigrusse11

macrumors regular
May 24, 2017
Apple screwed up here in their zest for maximum profit to the point that it’s now harming the basic performance of the product. Simple tests show 8Gb isn’t enough, but more importantly these are “Pro” machines and as such should come with “Pro” levels of RAM. Period.

4odomi

Cancelled
Jan 19, 2018
I wish 16GB RAM was commonplace for M3 (as it should). Some people don't need or want M3 Pro levels of power (or power consumption) but want sufficient RAM without buying a preposterously priced RAM upgrade which then makes it uneconomical to get an upgraded M3 MBP.
If they sold the M3 with 16gb RAM for $1599, it would be practically the same price as the base 13" M2 air with the same config.
That's not really good business, is it?
Having said you should't get the 8gb RAM version, it's considerably slower than 16gb even for web browsing.
I got the 16gb RAM version 3 weeks ago, very happy with it, big improvement on my base 13" M1 MBP

4odomi

Cancelled
Jan 19, 2018
Apple screwed up here in their zest for maximum profit to the point that it’s now harming the basic performance of the product. Simple tests show 8Gb isn’t enough, but more importantly these are “Pro” machines and as such should come with “Pro” levels of RAM. Period.
They're machines with Pro hardware, not Pro Chips, therefore not for Pro users.
You're absolutely right about the 8gb being slower than the 16gb, in web browsing, photo exports & blender applications, considerably, which is why I got mine with 16gb RAM.
With 16gb of RAM it's still cheaper than the M3 Pro chip, for those of us that don't need the additional power of the Pro chip.
Why don't you spec a 15" Air with 16GB RAM & 512GB Storage (even the 13") you might then be informed why Apple can't sell the 16gb M3 as base for $1599

utsava

macrumors 6502
Jun 24, 2004
If they sold the M3 with 16gb RAM for $1599, it would be practically the same price as the base 13" M2 air with the same config.
That's not really good business, is it?
Having said you should't get the 8gb RAM version, it's considerably slower than 16gb even for web browsing.
I got the 16gb RAM version 3 weeks ago, very happy with it, big improvement on my base 13" M1 MBP
Considering how often the Airs go on sale, it's obvious there's plenty of margin in there to also lower the Air prices so they don't step unfavorably on the Pro prices... But since Apple didn't want to (or was unable to) update the Airs to the M3 at the same time, they didn't touch the price matrix.

Reactions: System603

4odomi

Cancelled
Jan 19, 2018
Ram & Storage prices are an issue with Apple for sure, but that's a different issue, however as things stand in their line up, they can't sell it for $1599 with 16gb RAM, just spec out a 13" & 15" Air's with the same spec and see how you feel then?
This is a good machine, but only with 16gb of RAM for $1800, that's just a $100 more than a comparably specked 15" Air and only $250 more than a 13"Air

twanj

macrumors 65816
Sep 10, 2015
Pompano Beach, FL
Does anyone know when the best deals hit? Is it before or after Christmas?

I'm in the market for a 16" and it's already $330 off with AppleCare.

4odomi

Cancelled
Jan 19, 2018
why do they make storage variants. make ram variants. ya need at least 16 to be remotely a MacBook "Pro" I'd just on these sales with that
They've got to get rid of the 8gb variant stocks already produced, cause no body's buying them at the list price, at $1399 it's a great deal and a lot less compromised than the Air's.
But if you want to unlock it's full potential, it needs 16gb and you need to pay $1800 which is still a good price, if you don't need the additional power of the Pro Chip, but you want the web browsing speed and quality hardware

Agincourt

Suspended
Oct 21, 2009
There aren't any 16 GB options for this. If one COULD upgrade for $200 more I'd go for it. While this new discount makes the 8 GB product more bearable I'm wanting something akin to the $1600 price range with 16 GB, not a stunted $1400 version.

4odomi

Cancelled
Jan 19, 2018
Quality costs!
If you want that you have to pay extra.
If you want a deal, you have to live with some compromises.....that's always been the reality, Apple didn't invent it.

Reactions: Saturn007

maswriter

macrumors member
Mar 10, 2012
Orange County, CA
It sucks they went with just 8 GB of RAM on the M3 non-Pro, just like they limit the retail 15-inch MacBook Air to 512 GB in storage. I went with the 14.2" MBP M3 Pro with 18 GB of RAM and 1 TB of storage. It was on sale at Micro Center for $2,159 (10% off). It was worth paying more to meet my present and future requirements, and Space Black looks really nice.

Student of Life

macrumors 6502a
Oct 13, 2020
It sucks they went with just 8 GB of RAM on the M3 non-Pro, just like they limit the retail 15-inch MacBook Air to 512 GB in storage. I went with the 14.2" MBP M3 Pro with 18 GB of RAM and 1 TB of storage. It was on sale at Micro Center for $2,159 (10% off). It was worth paying more to meet my present and future requirements, and Space Black looks really nice.
Where are you seeing a limit on the 15 MacBook Air? Have you tried looking at Best Buy, they let you get the 16Gb ram and 1TB of ssd. They even have open item ones on sale which still let you get apple care +.

Reactions: Saturn007

maswriter

macrumors member
Mar 10, 2012
Orange County, CA
Where are you seeing a limit on the 15 MacBook Air? Have you tried looking at Best Buy, they let you get the 16Gb ram and 1TB of ssd. They even have open item ones on sale which still let you get apple care +.
I haven't seen that. Most places, like Costco, advertise configurations up to 512 GB. You could also custom order through Apple. I do like having the updated ProMotion screen and additional ports on the MBP.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.