Become a MacRumors Supporter for $25/year with no ads, private forums, and more!

MacRumors

macrumors bot
Original poster
Apr 12, 2001

Apple today shared a new "In the Dark" ad focusing on the Night mode feature that's available in the iPhone 12, 12 mini, 12 Pro, and 12 Pro Max.

The spot focuses on night mode selfies, showing a man taking photos of himself in various low lighting situations. "Now you can take amazing selfies in the dark," reads the tagline of video, which also uses the song "In The Dark" by YG.

Night mode was first introduced with the iPhone 11, but it was previously limited to the rear-facing camera. With the launch of the iPhone 12 lineup, Apple expanded Night mode to the front-facing camera and added a feature for taking Portrait mode shots in the dark.
Apple earlier today shared another new ad spot titled "Haystack," which focuses on locating a lost iPhone using the Apple Watch.

Article Link: Apple's New 'In the Dark' iPhone 12 Pro Ad Highlights Night Mode

Reactions: peanuts_of_pathos

RiddlaBronc

macrumors 6502a
Oct 14, 2013
Mcallen Tx
That got me thinking ...

Question to MR & to the group:

When was the last time Apple highlighted their Burst mode feature ?

And, does anyone know the reason why / the backstory behind it ?

I went to use burst mode the other day and I had to look up on how to use it. In some ways they are going backwards. I also miss force touch to clear all notifications on the watch. They made it more complicated.

One2Grift

Cancelled
Jun 1, 2021
That is one of the creepiest ads I’ve ever seen. This is what our cultural narcissism has come to?

Look at the positive side, in 10 years from now that'll seem downright normal. /s

A lot of people(not directed at you jjudson) don't know the bulk of TV-Movie-Internet production media and its accompanying advertisements are made for and specific to getting at 18 to 29 year olds(still very good 18 to 35, still good up to age 45. Over 45, advertisers pay comparatively little for these viewers). What it means is that every year we get older the less you'll 'get' these media and advertisements. Apple with this, IMHO, ahem, "ad" is clearly going for this younger demo (I'm definitely not in my 20s, I don't get it).

NLLV

macrumors regular
Sep 16, 2020
I love my Apple products, and my iPhone 12 Pro Max, but you are not getting selfie shots like that in those lighting conditions.

I take a LOT of photos for my YouTube channel, and most of them are at night. It is just not realistic, what they are portraying here for that selfie cam.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.