Apple's Online Store Down Ahead of iPhone XS, iPhone XS Max, and Apple Watch Series 4 Pre-Orders

Discussion in 'MacRumors.com News Discussion' started by MacRumors, Sep 13, 2018.

1. MacRumors macrumors bot

MacRumors

[​IMG]

Apple has taken its online storefront down in order to prepare for pre-orders for the iPhone XS, iPhone XS Max, and Apple Watch Series 4, with orders set to launch at 12:01 a.m. Pacific Time or 3:01 a.m. Eastern Time on Friday, September 14 in the United States.

In other countries, pre-order times will vary based on local time zone. Pre-orders will kick off at 5:01 p.m. in Sydney, for example, 3:01 p.m. in China, and 8:01 a.m. in the UK. For details on when pre-orders go live in your country, make sure to check out our post that lists all of the pre-order times.

[​IMG]

Apple will plans to accept pre-orders through the Apple website and the Apple Store app. T-Mobile, AT&T, Sprint, and Verizon will all be accepting pre-orders for the iPhones and cellular Apple Watch Series 4 models in the U.S., as will major retailers like Target and Best Buy.

[​IMG]

Pre-orders for iPhone XS and XS Max will be available from Apple at 12:01 a.m. PT in the following first wave launch countries: Australia, Austria, Belgium, Canada, China, Denmark, Finland, France, Germany, Guernsey, Hong Kong, Ireland, Isle of Man, Italy, Japan, Jersey, Luxembourg, Mexico, Netherlands, New Zealand, Norway, Portugal, Puerto Rico, Saudi Arabia, Singapore, Spain, Sweden, Switzerland, Taiwan, the UAE, UK, US and US Virgin Islands.

Pre-orders for the cellular Apple Watch Series 4 models will be available in Australia, Canada, China, Denmark, France, Germany, Hong Kong, Italy, Japan, Singapore, Spain, Sweden, Switzerland, the UAE, UK and US.

Non-cellular Apple Watch Series 4 models will be available for pre-order in Australia, Austria, Belgium, Canada, China, Denmark, Finland, France, Germany, Guernsey, Hong Kong, Ireland, Italy, Japan, Jersey, Luxembourg, Netherlands, New Zealand, Norway, Portugal, Puerto Rico, Saudi Arabia, Singapore, Spain, Sweden, Switzerland, the UAE, UK, US and US Virgin Islands.

Because it's not clear whether Apple has adequate supply of iPhone XS, XS Max, and Apple Watch Series 4 models, customers hoping to get one of the new devices on launch day should order as early as possible. We haven't heard word of shortages, but it's still always best to order as soon as you can.

The iPhone XS and XS Max, which are priced starting at $999 and $1099, respectively, are available in 64, 256, and 512GB configurations in Silver, Gold, and Space Gray.

[​IMG]

Apple Watch Series 4 GPS-only models start at $399, while Apple Watch Series 4 models with GPS and LTE start at $499. Apple Watch Series 4 will be available in Silver, Gold, and Space Gray aluminum and stainless steel.

[​IMG]

The first Apple Watch Series 4, iPhone XS, and iPhone XS Max orders placed today are expected to be delivered on Friday, September 21, the official launch date for the devices.

Pre-orders for the iPhone XR are not set to go live until October 19, so customers who prefer Apple's lower-cost device will need to wait until then to make a purchase.

Article Link: Apple's Online Store Down Ahead of iPhone XS, iPhone XS Max, and Apple Watch Series 4 Pre-Orders

2. nwcs macrumors 68000

nwcs

The whole “take the whole store offline” gimmick is rather old and played out now. There’s no legitimate need to do that anymore.

3. mnsportsgeek macrumors 65816

My wallet is ready. Finally biting the bullet and upgrading from my iPhone 6 to an XS Max. Hope I like it. Guess I have 14 days to give it back if the size is too much of a shock.

Now to pick out a couple wireless chargers.

4. stanman64 macrumors 6502a

stanman64

let’s goooooooooo!

In for a Xs Max and a SS Series 4.

5. farewelwilliams macrumors 68000

imagine how many MacBook and iPad sales they're losing from just a few minutes of being down.

6. usarioclave macrumors 65816

Another pre-order without unlocked phones available. Sad.

7. AskMcG macrumors regular

AskMcG

Actually, SIM free was an option last I checked, just not on the IUP.

8. bchery21 macrumors 6502

bchery21

Skipping out on the “fun” this year; got my iPhone X so I’m pretty content.

...that S4 Apple Watch though.

9. penajmz macrumors 68040

penajmz

Rather late this year compared to other years but I’ll take it,

10. Icaras macrumors 603

Icaras

Hoping Best Buy is doing Apple Watch pre-orders tonight.

11. frumpy16 macrumors 6502a

frumpy16

Wrong. SIM-free is available.

12. KrispE00 macrumors regular

It’s gonna be a shock to the fingers for sure (it was for me when I got the 7 plus, but you get used to it). Do some finger stretches this week to prepare.

13. Shadowbech macrumors 601

14. lsutigerfan1976 macrumors 68020

15. Baymowe335 macrumors 68020

Source?

16. mnsportsgeek macrumors 65816

Ya, I have really liked the size of my iPhone 6, but I’ve used my friends plus size phones over the years and have always been jealous of the screen size. I think I need to try it out for a week or so and give it a chance or I’ll always wonder what I’ve been missing out on.

17. Lozza013 macrumors member

Lozza013

Correction to Article, the presale is at 5:01pm here on the East Coast of Australia not 6:01pm

18. SteveJUAE macrumors 68020

SteveJUAE

Will it ever be possible to get hold of the proper physical dual sim Chinese variant or will it be more locked than just local

(ie will all bands, apps and languages be supported)

Would almost consider getting one just to play with for a couple of months

19. givemeanapple macrumors Demi-God

givemeanapple

Caching?

20. bchery21 macrumors 6502

bchery21

The size might overwhelm you in the beginning. I went from an iPhone 5 to the X and I remember it taking a few days to get use to the bigger size.

21. tmarks11 macrumors 6502a

Remember the good old days, when each year brought a newer, better version of the iPhone.... for the same price you paid last year?

Ahh... those were the days.

22. givemeanapple macrumors Demi-God

givemeanapple

Not really since the iPhone has been increasing the price every generation, my 4S costed me 599€ my 5 679€ my 6 789€ and so on...

23. joefrank64k macrumors 6502

joefrank64k

It's the Most Wonderful Time of the Year, haha!!

XS Max and a 44mm AW4+Cell in SG...times 2 for me and Mrs jf64k :D

24. WannaGoMac macrumors 68020

Pre-orders still a thing? Hope most wait for the carrier reduced pricing/kick backs then buy.

25. Lozza013 macrumors member

Lozza013

I find it a bit annoyting that I'm trying to check an order status for an iPhone 8 I purchased on behalf of my cousin and because the store is down I can't view the order staus. ah well :rolleyes::rolleyes: