Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

eoblaed

macrumors 68030
Apr 21, 2010
Until, one day, it drops. 5 feet. Onto a rock.

Why would it do that?

I've had every model of every iPhone. None of them have ever dropped.

Pro tip: don't let go of your phone when you're holding it unless it's to properly place it somewhere.

lordofthereef

macrumors G5
Nov 29, 2011
Boston, MA
Why would it do that?

I've had every model of every iPhone. None of them have ever dropped.

Pro tip: don't let go of your phone when you're holding it unless it's to properly place it somewhere.

I said this same ting until I got hit by a car while running. The idiot just plowed through a stop. Phone went flying and the Apple case got trashed. Remarkably the phone was ok, certainly better off than I was. No serious injuries, but I got some pretty good road rash.

Moral of the story is, you can't always stop a phone from dropping, no matter how awesome you think you may be (and I thought I was the king of awesome).

eoblaed

macrumors 68030
Apr 21, 2010
I said this same ting until I got hit by a car while running. The idiot just plowed through a stop. Phone went flying and the Apple case got trashed. Remarkably the phone was ok, certainly better off than I was. No serious injuries, but I got some pretty good road rash.

Moral of the story is, you can't always stop a phone from dropping, no matter how awesome you think you may be (and I thought I was the king of awesome).

I dunno. You got hit by a car. While running. And you were mostly ok. That pretty much sounds like the king of awesome to me. :)

So, 7 phones so far (original, 3G, 3GS, 4, 4S, 5, 5S). If I'd put a case on each of those, that's a minimum of $30 a case, or $210. That's far more of a savings than it would cost me to replace a device via Apple Care+, so I'd say I'm ahead -- and I get to feel my iPhone in my hand instead of a cheap $30 case every day. :)

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.