Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

coltman75

macrumors regular
Jun 22, 2010
Go read the iMac sub forum?

I read the entire first page of posts to the sub forum. As of right now, there isn't one post about being rubbed the wrong way by the new iMac (other than broken products shipped, software snafus, and all the normal stuff.)

locust76

macrumors 6502a
Jan 23, 2009
...a study predicting that by 2014, Apple will be as accepted in the enterprise as Microsoft is today.

HAAAAHAAAHAHAHAHAHAAHA....

Thanks, I needed a good laugh!

Ted13

macrumors 6502a
Dec 29, 2003
NYC
"...including a study predicting that by 2014, Apple will be as accepted in the enterprise as Microsoft is today."

So let me get this straight...within 10 months:

1)Apple software (what software?) will be as accepted as MS SQL Server or MS Office or MS Windows.

2)Apple Macs will be as accepted as Windows-based machines in the corporate world (we've been hearing similar stories for 25+ years). Even though there are no business Support contracts by Apple...you know...those corporate contracts about supporting hardware, upgrades, pricing, implementation teams, development teams, escalation/dedicated teams, etc. And where are the hundreds of thousands of Mac/Apple IT people to even do the work at Company X?
Apple != Macs. Apple is also iOS devices, and they are well on the way of being as accepted in the corporate world as Microsoft products are. The iPhone has pretty much replaced the BlackBerry as the number one corporate smartphone. Apple is the world's top PC vendor (with HP & Lenovo vying for second place), when you include tablets.

Macs don't need to make ANY kind of corporate inroads for the statement to be true.

Alvin32

macrumors newbie
Feb 12, 2013
Australia
when it suited their marketing message. That strategy gave the company millions of dollars in free marketing with news outlets writing about every bit of information they can find.

That was a nice plan think by apple. By which they market their product and generate income instead of giving money. That is nice strategy played by apple.

fsession

macrumors newbie
Feb 11, 2014
United States
I wonder when investing on marketing will adhere to. New samsung is now investing about 14X what The apple company is on marketing, and it is having an impact. You almost basically cannot observe a professional prevent anywhere on tv without seeing a New samsung ad.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.