Apple's Q1 2005 Financial Results Webcast

SAukland

macrumors member
Jan 11, 2005
Speedy.

I applaude you. You have commented on a subject before it was announced. Something all of us that wait for the rumors dream about. :p

tech4all

macrumors 68040
Jun 13, 2004
NorCal
loneAzdgari said:
How come they are webcasting this and not the keynote? Less demand = Less bandwidth costs?
I think this is audio only whereas the Keynote is video and audio. Not sure if that makes a difference but those are some of the differences.

bigandy

macrumors G3
Apr 30, 2004
Murka
not so intrested in this as the keynote, but will probably watch/listen tomorrow just to kill time at work :rolleyes:

ipodmann

macrumors member
Nov 11, 2004
Traditionally Apple Stock takes a dive after the earnings announcement. It had a significant correction in the last two days already. The analysts are already trying to build the stock up with glossy assessments of the new products. They were caught flat-footed after the iPod success. The stock has gone up over 300% in the last 12 months and it is still over bought and over priced. I hope it drops at least 5%, but there is a good chance this time around it will go up about 5%.

WannaWiki

macrumors newbie
Dec 20, 2004
should be interesting

Should be very fulfilling to hear these results, no doubt that they cleaned up with the ipod. It's so nice that apple is doing so well, almost makes me want to write an article about how they are going to go bankrupt any day now. I haven't seen one of those stupid things in a while!

rdowns

macrumors Penryn
Jul 11, 2003
Here's a press release I received

Apple Reports First Quarter Results

PR Newswire 4:30 pm January 12, 2005

Apple(R) today announced financial results for its fiscal 2005 first quarter ended December 25, 2004. For the quarter, the Company posted a net profit of $295 million, or $.70 per diluted share. These results compare to a net profit of $63 million, or $.17 per diluted share, in the year-ago quarter. Revenue for the quarter was $3.49 billion, up 74 percent from the year-ago quarter. Gross margin was 28.5 percent, up from 26.7 percent in the year-ago quarter. International sales accounted for 41 percent of the quarter's revenue.

Apple shipped 1,046,000 Macintosh(R) units and 4,580,000 iPods during the quarter, representing a 26 percent increase in CPU units and a 525 percent increase in iPods over the year-ago quarter.

"We are thrilled to report the highest quarterly revenue and net income in Apple's history," said Steve Jobs, Apple's CEO. "We've sold over 10 million iPods to date and are kicking off the new year with a slate of innovative new products including iPod shuffle, Mac mini and iLife '05."

"We're pleased to report 74 percent revenue growth, 26 percent Mac unit growth and 525 percent iPod unit growth," said Peter Oppenheimer, Apple's CFO. "Looking ahead to the second quarter of fiscal 2005, we expect revenue of about $2.9 billion and earnings per diluted share of about $.40."

Apple will provide live streaming of its Q1 2005 financial results conference call utilizing QuickTime(TM), Apple's standards-based technology for live and on-demand audio and video streaming. The live webcast will begin at 2:00 p.m. PST on Wednesday, January 12, 2005 at http://www.apple.com/quicktime/qtv/earningsq105/ and will also be available for replay. The QuickTime player is available free for Macintosh and Windows users at www.apple.com/quicktime.

Geetar

macrumors regular
Sep 18, 2002
USA
"WannaWiki almost makes me want to write an article about how they are going to go bankrupt any day now."

:D :D :D

Oh, yes, the usual suspects will be lining up for apple's funeral as we type........

macidiot

macrumors 6502a
Aug 13, 2002
WannaWiki said:
Should be very fulfilling to hear these results, no doubt that they cleaned up with the ipod. It's so nice that apple is doing so well, almost makes me want to write an article about how they are going to go bankrupt any day now. I haven't seen one of those stupid things in a while!
Seth Jayson at Motley Fool just published one today. Usual Apple is losing it, Apple investors are insane, Apple stock is priced insanely, you'd be crazy to own this stock. All I have to say, nice timing Seth.

djlu

macrumors member
Jan 7, 2005
NY
Good Jobs

Apple shipped 1,046,000 Macintosh(R) units and 4,580,000 iPods during the quarter, representing a 26 percent increase in CPU units and a 525 percent increase in iPods over the year-ago quarter.

I guess Steve doesn't round up for those disappointed that the iPods number wasn't 4.6 million units.

Also it looks like the analysts who said that Mac units were increasing were correct as opposed to the naysayers.

Glad I own some shares.

Photorun

macrumors 65816
Sep 1, 2003
NYC
WTF?!? Who the hell voted this story as "negative?" Do we have daft people around here that just vote negative to be negative? Some people need a head check!

512ke

macrumors 6502a
Sep 10, 2003
Man, the nay sayers just gotta say nay about somethin'.

Nay neigh neigh.

Give 'em a bucket of oats and shut 'em up already.

Them fools is more confused than a hungry cow on Astroturf.

rikers_mailbox

macrumors 6502a
Sep 27, 2003
LA-la-land
512ke said:
Man, the nay sayers just gotta say nay about somethin'.

Nay neigh neigh.

Give 'em a bucket of oats and shut 'em up already.

Them fools is more confused than a hungry cow on Astroturf.
Say 'nay' again, I dare you. :p

Well, Apple tried to tell us it was gonna be big, now we have the numbers to believe the hype. On to the Mac mini and shufflePod, wonder how well those are going to perform. .. :confused: