Apple's Refurbished Store Now Offering 2019 MacBook Air and Low-End MacBook Pro

MacRumors

macrumors bot
Original poster
Apr 12, 2001

Apple today began adding the 13-inch MacBook Air and the lower-end 13-inch MacBook Pro to its online store for refurbished products in the United States, offering the machines at a discount for the first time.

Both of the new machines were first released in July 2019. The updated MacBook Air features a True Tone display, an updated butterfly keyboard that's more durable, and a lower price point.

As for the lower-end MacBook Pro, the July 2019 update brought Touch ID, a Touch Bar, faster processors, and a True Tone display to Apple's entry-level machines.

Pricing on the MacBook Air starts at $1,099 new and pricing on the entry-level MacBook Pro starts at $1,299. Apple is offering discounted prices on both stock and custom configurations, with multiple options available. Discounts are right around 15 percent off.

The refurbished store is a little bit wonky at this time and isn't listing the MacBook Pro and MacBook Air models in the proper order, but it should be cleared up soon. For now, buyers will need to browse through the dedicated MacBook Pro and MacBook Air sections to find specific machines.

Stock will fluctuate on a day to day basis, so it can take some time for various configurations to show up. Refurbished models ship out right away and are available for delivery later this week.

All of Apple's refurbished products go through a rigorous refurbishment process before being offered for sale, which includes inspection, repairs, cleaning, and repackaging. Like new purchases, refurbished Macs come with a one-year warranty that can be extended with an AppleCare+ purchase.

For tips on purchasing a refurbished product, make sure to check out our guide.

Article Link: Apple's Refurbished Store Now Offering 2019 MacBook Air and Low-End MacBook Pro

neoelectronaut

macrumors 68030
Dec 3, 2003
Southeastern Louisiana
Dang, $1,099 is a killer deal on that 1.4Ghz model.

That'd be one I'd be getting if I were buying a Macbook Pro today. (With the 512GB SSD and mayyyybe 16GB of RAM)

Unfortunately my 2016 MBP isn't quite ready for replacement yet.

Last edited:

jicon

macrumors 6502
Nov 29, 2004
Toronto, ON
I got alerted to a video on repair of one of those 2019 Macbook Airs... It seems with any sort of lengthy CPU load, those machines are going to fry without proper ventilation. No heat sink fin to the fan? I'd look at the Macbook Pro before that 2019 Air... steer clear.

ksec

macrumors 6502a
Dec 23, 2015
Well Rossmann already shows the problem with new MacBook Air Cooling. While I could blame it on Intel for CPU failure, it is also apple fault for simply trusting spreadsheet spec and not testing it.

Reactions: Menneisyys2

umbilical

macrumors 6502a
May 3, 2008
FL, USA
I'm here with a SE and 2015 MacbookPro, still refusing to upgrade until apple fix that crap keyboard at least and in my dreams remove the touch bar), waiting for the "SE2" too.

Reactions: d0nK

KPOM

macrumors G5
Oct 23, 2010
Dang, $1,099 is a killer deal on that 1.4Ghz model.

That'd be one I'd be getting if I were buying a Macbook Pro today. (With the 512GB SSD and mayyyybe 16GB of RAM)

Unfortunately my 2016 MBP isn't quite ready for replacement yet.
They have that model for $1609.

Hazmat401

macrumors regular
Dec 29, 2017
Delaware County, Pa
They never have refurbished fully loaded MBP with i9 and 4 TB drive for $2,149. I don't want the entry level ones for a marginal discount.
Ha... I check the 2019 refurbished 15’s everyday.... I have a new $3300 budget and the 32 gig i9’s with the Vega 16s (very marginal benchmark marks to the Vega 20) are just under $3,000 with 512 SSD... extra $150ish for Vega 20

zachkolk

macrumors regular
Jun 4, 2010
NYC
I'm here with a SE and 2015 MacbookPro, still refusing to upgrade until apple fix that crap keyboard at least and in my dreams remove the touch bar), waiting for the "SE2" too.
While I also still use iPhone SE, the keyboard is much better. I had the 2016 MacBook Pro for 3yrs and recently got the 2019 MacBook Pro. Its a huge upgrade in all respects. The keyboard issues were not overblown at first, but now that they are significantly better the public just doesn't believe they're better.

In addition to my own experience, I was a Genius 2016-2019 (just left) and saw remarkably fewer keyboard issues on the 2019 than earlier models.

Reactions: Hazmat401

pdaholic

macrumors 65816
Jun 22, 2011
My mom needs a new iPhone as her 5c is finally starting to show its age. I figured the iPhone 8 at $379 is the perfect upgrade for her.
I’ve got an 8 and an X. Both phones are running perfectly fine, and the battery life on the 8 is fantastic. It will be a nice upgrade for your mom.