Apple's return policy on dead pixels?

Discussion in 'MacBook' started by troy14, Nov 24, 2008.

1. troy14 macrumors 6502a

What is Apple's return policy on dead pixels for the regular Macbook? I.E, how many dead pixels do you have to have for them to return it and get a new one..

Also, I bought my laptop on eBay (saved a LOT of $$$ on this new model), are they going to ask for a receipt?

2. jav6454 macrumors P6

jav6454

Its within warranty and can be exchanged. Some Apple Stores have like a minimum on how many pixels need to be dead for an exchange, other Geniuses simply do it because they understand its a premium product.

Depends on your luck. On Returns, I am not sure, but I think 1 dead pixel is no grounds for returning something open and expecting no Restocking Fee.

3. 840quadra Moderator

840quadra

Staff Member

Unlike Dell, Lenovo, HP, etc, Apple does not have a public Dead pixel policy. Sadly it is up to whomever is managing the store you visit, when you go in to discuss options.

[​IMG]

4. aristobrat macrumors G4

If you didn't buy your Apple directly from Apple, you'll have a chance that they'll repair your screen under warranty, but virtually no chance that they'll swap you out for a new one.

5. Knolly macrumors 6502a

...Really?

I just got my 2.4 Ghz Macbook swapped for a brand new one because of a single stuck pixel. And slanty keys.

But maybe it's just because I bitch a lot.

6. aristobrat macrumors G4

7. drew0020 macrumors 65816

drew0020

8. shady825 macrumors 68000

shady825

I agree one is too many! Ive seen numerous people say you need 5 or more for a return/exchange

9. Knolly macrumors 6502a

I got mine from my University's bookstore, and they only accepted the return when I had a case number from Apple detailing it.