Apples service is amazing!

Discussion in 'Apple, Inc and Tech Industry' started by chrono1081, Sep 7, 2009.

1. chrono1081 macrumors 604

chrono1081

So I ordered a computer for a friend under the buy a laptop get a free ipod deal (She and I both go to college so its legit) and I screwed up on the engraving on the iPod! She wanted "Go Pens!!!" but me, not knowing a thing about sports wrote "Go Penns!!!" (Doh!).

I called apple already knowing it was probably too late and asked if I could change it. The guy said no I couldnt but since he felt bad about it they were going to refund my expedited shipping charge!!!

I politely declined because it was my screwup not theirs and they shouldn't have to pay for my mistake but I was completely impressed with their customer service!

2. britboyj macrumors 6502a

There could have been much, much worse spelling mistakes.

3. jav6454 macrumors P6

jav6454

Exactly what I was thinking off.

4. chrono1081 thread starter macrumors 604

chrono1081

HAhaha She'd of loved it if I made that spelling mistake!

5. liptonlover macrumors 6502a

Lol thanks for sharing... just know that a lot of people here don't get that kind of service. Apple has plenty of bad customer service moments... I've just been fortunate enough to miss them myself. I had an invalid iTunes gift card, so I emailed Apple and got a personal response from an employee who not only fixed something so that the card worked, but also gave me 3 free song credits.

Nate