Apple's Stock Sets New All-Time High

MacRumors

macrumors bot
Original poster
Apr 12, 2001

Apple shares are currently trading above the $234 mark on the intraday market, setting a new all-time high for the company. As noted by CNBC, the stock's previous all-time high was $233.47 in October 2018.

AAPL has surged nearly 10 percent over the past month, fueled in part by multiple reports indicating that iPhone 11 and iPhone 11 Pro sales have been better than expected so far in several countries, including the United States, China, and India, something that Apple CEO Tim Cook alluded to in a recent interview.

Apple is set to report its fourth quarter earnings results on Wednesday, October 30 after the stock market closes.

Article Link: Apple's Stock Sets New All-Time High

Last edited:

I7guy

macrumors Core
Nov 30, 2013
Gotta be in it to win it

Apple shares are currently trading above the $234 mark on the intraday market, setting a new all-time high for the company. As noted by CNBC, the stock's previous all-time high was $233.47 in October 2018.

AAPL has surged nearly 10 percent over the past month, fueled in part by multiple reports indicating that iPhone 11 and iPhone 11 Pro sales have been better than expected so far in several countries, including the United States, China, and India, something that Apple CEO Tim Cook alluded to in a recent interview.

Apple is set to report its fourth quarter earnings results on Wednesday, October 30 after the stock market closes.

Article Link: Apple's Stock Sets New All-Time High
Nice surprise.

though I’m expecting, unfortunately, some doom and gloom to creep into this thread.

ellsworth

macrumors 6502a
Jun 13, 2007
I know it's childish to point fingers and those who said the iPhone 11 would bring Apple down so I'm not going to do that. They know who they are....
It appears iPhone 11 is doing so well, Apple had to ramp up it's production. That's awesome.

Romeo_Nightfall

macrumors 6502a
Aug 8, 2018
Vienna
I know it's childish to point fingers and those who said the iPhone 11 would bring Apple down so I'm not going to do that. They know who they are....
It appears iPhone 11 is doing so well, Apple had to ramp up it's production. That's awesome.
since when has Apple an iPhone production?
You statement shows your lack of knowledge

Reactions: TheSkywalker77

Rogifan

macrumors Core
Nov 14, 2011
Still slightly behind Microsoft. But who would have thought a few years ago the two most valuable companies by market cap would be Apple and Microsoft? Everyone was expecting it to be Google and/or Amazon.

Baymowe335

macrumors 603
Oct 6, 2017
Still slightly behind Microsoft. But who would have thought a few years ago the two most valuable companies by market cap would be Apple and Microsoft? Everyone was expecting it to be Google and/or Amazon.
Microsoft is an amazing company of which I own shares, but the valuation is lofty.

Apple is still far cheaper and much more profitable. Story isn’t over yet.

ipponrg

macrumors 68000
Oct 15, 2008
Cue in all the people that say Apple is winning despite not owning many shares at all.

I hope everyone listens to Baymowe and buys this stock now at its highest point.

Reactions: FightTheFuture

Relentless Power

macrumors Nehalem
Jul 12, 2016
Just wait on the sideline. Youll be able to buy the stock much lower in few months :) (I believe)
You have to be aggressive. Waiting is what I did And you find yourself second-guessing when’s the right time to buy. The idea it’s not to ‘worry and sell’ , sometimes you have to sit back and ride out the fluctuation. I think it’s more than being just a ‘numbers game’, it’s all strategy.

Reactions: BigMcGuire

Rogifan

macrumors Core
Nov 14, 2011
Microsoft is an amazing company of which I own shares, but the valuation is lofty.

Apple is still far cheaper and much more profitable. Story isn’t over yet.
How much exposure does Microsoft have in China? That’s what worries me about Apple.

Candykane75

macrumors member
Jun 14, 2017
holland
This should be a lesson for everyone calling for the end last year when they stopped reporting unit sales

I felt alone saying the company was fine and this was a buying opportunity, but the cash reward is worth it.

Hate on.
no hate just commonsense,
YES the new iphone 11 will sell great...
but the stock price is an other soap bubble waiting to burst again.
its all greed people trying to make a quick buck apple's profits are not that of a trilllion dollar companey not by a long shot that is why last year the stock hit rock bottom ....

Reactions: PC_tech

Billyk711

macrumors member
Sep 26, 2015
Yea those people are getting ready to bash iPhone 11s, same thing every year, they will never learn. iPhones are fare superior than any other smartphone and it’s not even close.

Reactions: osx86

BuddyTronic

macrumors 65816
Jul 11, 2008
Just look at that deep V drop of the last year. AAPL dropped down to 142 from 232 - for no reason other than chicken little propaganda (Longbow, Nikkei, GS), and an idiotic federal reserve raising interest rates over and over.

If you are interested, take some time to look into the last year Yo-Yo of AAPL stock.

Take a look at the PE of AAPL - Take a look at the size of AAPL. Should it be valued as a "tech growth" company? What price multiple is appropriate? This is what the analysts need a board-room meeting about. They need to be told what to think, just as the market gets told what to think, just as you and I get told what to think.