Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

jshramek

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Mar 24, 2013
NY
Is anybody else having problems with the Apple TV updating to 11.1?
It keeps telling me that there is no update...?

Apple today seeded the first beta of an upcoming tvOS 11.1 update to developers for testing purposes, one week after releasing tvOS 11 to the public.

Designed for the fourth and fifth-generation Apple TV models, the tvOS 11.1 developer beta can be downloaded onto the Apple TV via a profile that's installed using Xcode.

apple-tv-app-800x470.jpg

It's not yet clear what new features or changes might be included in the tvOS 11.1 update, but it likely focuses on bug fixes and performance improvements and could perhaps offer up some outward-facing design changes and feature tweaks.

tvOS 11 was something of a minor update, introducing features like full support for AirPods, automatic switching between light and dark mode based on local time, Home screen syncing options designed to keep multiple Apple TVs in a single household in sync, and new background modes and notification support.

We'll update this post when we find out what's new in the tvOS 11.1 beta.

Article Link: Apple Seeds First Beta of tvOS 11.1 to Developers

Shiverme

macrumors member
Sep 14, 2016
So I only have the TVOS beta option on my ATV4 and not on my ATV 4K... So strange! I'm obviously signed in with the same account on each device.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.