Application folder in Dock display...

Discussion in 'macOS' started by MacGiver, Nov 18, 2007.

1. MacGiver macrumors 6502a

MacGiver

Hi all,
    Stupid question but have you noticed that when you open the application from the Dock and displayed as a grill (not sure how you name it in english...)...it is centered and once you move the cursor anywhere on the desktop it tends to move on the right and a part of it is not even in the screen...see my screen shot...
    Thx
    X

Attached Files:

2. drumpat01 macrumors 6502

drumpat01

that looks like a bug to me because mine doesn't do that.

3. gr8tfly macrumors 603

gr8tfly

Looks normal (mine does the same thing, at least). It's trying to keep the grid aligned with its parent folder as you move across the dock to the left. When you go back to the grid (or move back to the right), it slides back into place.

edit: if you turn off magnification, it'll stay in place.

4. drumpat01 macrumors 6502

drumpat01

ah, yes, see i had magnification turned off. thats why i didn't see it. When I turn it on, i get that too. yea that is weird how they would allow it to move off screen like that. I mean, come on, whats the point of that?

5. BigTRQ macrumors regular

I've got this bug on 10.5.1 too. But, I've found that if I'm just looking at the desktop, and think click a stack, the grid looks normal (no kick-out to the right). If, however, I have a window up, and then click a stack, the grid does that "shift" to the right. Interesting bug, if nothing else.

6. Canerican macrumors regular

I've noticed a few bugs, 10.5.2 outta be pretty good, I am getting alot of weird stuff with the dock and the menubar especially.