Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

5tracks

macrumors regular
Original poster
Nov 9, 2021
Is anyone else having issues with appointments disappearing from the calendar app shortly after being added?
This has been happening to me for the last few point releases, and I can't figure out why or find any solution.

As an example, I'll add an appointment for Next Thursday at noon, and it will show in the calendar until I shutdown the computer at night.
Then tomorrow, the appointment will be completely gone, as if I never added it.

What makes this difficult to troubleshoot, is that it doesn't happen with every appointment, only about 1 in 3 or 1 in 4 -- seemingly at random.

This has caused me to miss several important dates, so I would be very interested in solving this issue.

Thanks.

mk313

macrumors 68000
Feb 6, 2012
I've had a similar issue, but not sure if it's the exact same. Some appts will only show up on my phone, not on my computer. It's definitely not 1 out of 4, more like 1 out of a hundred, but it's so frustrating when it happens. But if I look for the missing appt on my phone, it's there, just missing from the Mac. Also, at least for me, if I search for these appts on the Mac, they show up in the search list, but not if I go to that date.

Here's an example. I had cut lawn on the calendar for yesterday (it's a recurring appt), and it shows up at 5 pm on my phone & watch, but doesn't show up on my Mac's calendar. But if I search for it in the calendar's search function, it shows up in the list, along with all of the other future occurences. Then if I click on the item from the list, it takes me back to yesterday's day view on the calendar, but the appt isn't there at all.

Good luck with figuring this out & if you do, please post an update here. I'll do the same, but this has been going on for a while and it's hard to diagnose as it's so infrequent, and by the time I find out something is missing, it may be days or weeks later and I don't remember the specifics of how I added the original appt. Super frustrating.

5tracks

macrumors regular
Original poster
Nov 9, 2021
I've had a similar issue, but not sure if it's the exact same. Some appts will only show up on my phone, not on my computer. It's definitely not 1 out of 4, more like 1 out of a hundred, but it's so frustrating when it happens. But if I look for the missing appt on my phone, it's there, just missing from the Mac. Also, at least for me, if I search for these appts on the Mac, they show up in the search list, but not if I go to that date.

Here's an example. I had cut lawn on the calendar for yesterday (it's a recurring appt), and it shows up at 5 pm on my phone & watch, but doesn't show up on my Mac's calendar. But if I search for it in the calendar's search function, it shows up in the list, along with all of the other future occurences. Then if I click on the item from the list, it takes me back to yesterday's day view on the calendar, but the appt isn't there at all.

Good luck with figuring this out & if you do, please post an update here. I'll do the same, but this has been going on for a while and it's hard to diagnose as it's so infrequent, and by the time I find out something is missing, it may be days or weeks later and I don't remember the specifics of how I added the original appt. Super frustrating.
Hmmm, that sounds similar, except for me, when an appointment disappears, it's gone on every device (mac, phone, ipad) almost like it was deleted-- although I know I never deleted it.

My issue just happened again with another appointment, still no idea what's going on. I will post if/when I find out anything.

ignatius345

macrumors 604
Aug 20, 2015
Is anyone else having issues with appointments disappearing from the calendar app shortly after being added?
This has been happening to me for the last few point releases, and I can't figure out why or find any solution.
Sounds like it could be a sync issue. What kind of account are you using for this calendar? Google, iCloud?

Years ago I fought with Google Calendar for a long time trying to get it to play nice with Apple's Calendar apps on iOS and Mac, and it was always glitching. I finally moved my calendars over to iCloud and it's been very very smooth.

5tracks

macrumors regular
Original poster
Nov 9, 2021
Sounds like it could be a sync issue. What kind of account are you using for this calendar? Google, iCloud?

Years ago I fought with Google Calendar for a long time trying to get it to play nice with Apple's Calendar apps on iOS and Mac, and it was always glitching. I finally moved my calendars over to iCloud and it's been very very smooth.
This is Apple’s calendar and iCloud

ignatius345

macrumors 604
Aug 20, 2015
This is Apple’s calendar and iCloud
Weird. Any other iCloud things acting up for you on any of your devices?

One option (disruptive but might help) would be to sign out and back in to iCloud on your device and see if it helps.

5tracks

macrumors regular
Original poster
Nov 9, 2021
Weird. Any other iCloud things acting up for you on any of your devices?

One option (disruptive but might help) would be to sign out and back in to iCloud on your device and see if it helps.
Nope. Everything else on iCloud is fine. I'll try logging out of iCloud if I'm feeling adventurous, but I'm hoping to find a less annoying solution. 😅

Reactions: ignatius345

ignatius345

macrumors 604
Aug 20, 2015
Nope. Everything else on iCloud is fine. I'll try logging out of iCloud if I'm feeling adventurous, but I'm hoping to find a less annoying solution. 😅
I hear you. It's such a PITA to do this.

One more thing you might check on: log into iCloud.com and look at your calendars there. Maybe take all but one of your devices offline (turn off wifi, airplane mode, whatever) and then add a new event through that web interface and see if it syncs to your Mac OK. Try different combos of devices and see if one of them is causing the issue when it's online. Good luck!

Reactions: NoBoMac
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.