Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Europe calling

macrumors regular
Original poster
Jun 27, 2007
The Netherlands
Ok, Let's start a list with apps that appear to no longer work.
Anyone with additions, please copy the complete list with your additions in your reply so the list will remain intact.

Broken:
CSSEdit

dejiki

macrumors newbie
Feb 12, 2008
Hmm... What problems are you experiencing with CSSEdit? Although I rarely use it (I just use TextMate), I still have it and it seems to load up and run quite normally. I installed 10.5.2 yesterday evening.

I have no issues with CSSEdit too. Loads up and works fine for me.

qom

macrumors member
Oct 6, 2007
Seems like 10.5.2 killed my iTunes.
Well, I can open iTunes, but the gui won't show up, I can right clich the icon and press play and a song will start playing, but that's all.

qom

macrumors member
Oct 6, 2007
I removed iTunes in the Music folder, and now it starts.
But that means I have to reorganize everything again, which is ********.

My iTunes Library file is 34Mb big. The XML file is somewhere around 25Mb

firesong

macrumors member
Jul 13, 2007
The quintessential question : did any of you with iTunes problems install any UI enhancement programs? ;)

I've always found them to be problems, especially ShapeShifter.

qom

macrumors member
Oct 6, 2007
The quintessential question : did any of you with iTunes problems install any UI enhancement programs? ;)

I've always found them to be problems, especially ShapeShifter.

I've not installed anything of the sort.
The only thing I've added to my iTunes installation is a visualation plugin

Bomber

macrumors newbie
Feb 12, 2008
Quark 7 is now a dead app.

Tried updating using the updaters and tried installing a demo of 7.31 - even these hang! :eek:

Way to go :apple:

nemex

macrumors regular
Nov 14, 2007
Mexico
PowerPoint 2008, now takes forever to load... and sometimes gets unresponsive when loading and have to force quit :mad:

Keebler

macrumors 68030
Jun 20, 2005
Canada
thought it would mention in case it's not common knowledge, but everyone should repair permissions with disk utility or onxy after downloading everything. this may help any app issues....

Bomber

macrumors newbie
Feb 12, 2008
thought it would mention in case it's not common knowledge, but everyone should repair permissions with disk utility or onxy after downloading everything. this may help any app issues....

Tried that. All I get is the 'ACL found but not expected' line.

If ever there was a reason to switch to InD then this is it!

Tastannin

macrumors 6502
Sep 19, 2003
UT
Saft gives me an error message when loading it w.Safari.

Saft will always do this when you install a new version of OSX. Wait for Saft to be updated for the latest version, or do the plist editing found elsewhere on this forum. FYI Saft works just fine with 10.5.2 using the latest version (10.0.5) found at haoli.dnsalias.com.

Bomber

macrumors newbie
Feb 12, 2008
Right. Finally sorted the Quark 7 problems.

Disable Linotype Font Explorer X and its works fine. Must be a bug in Font Explorer that causes Quark to spaz out.

*and calm has once again descended to the studio* :)

retro83

macrumors member
Feb 3, 2008
VMWare Fusion is slow now for me, but it seems like nobody else is having the same problem :(

hodgjy

macrumors 6502
Apr 15, 2005
I can confirm. I get the spinning beach ball when loading. It eventually loads, however.

PowerPoint 2008, now takes forever to load... and sometimes gets unresponsive when loading and have to force quit :mad:

John01021988

macrumors 6502
May 11, 2007
No broken apps for me. Try repairing permissions. The only things that get broken sometimes are those hacks, like Saft.

GSMiller

macrumors 68000
Dec 2, 2006
Kentucky
Seems like 10.5.2 killed my iTunes.
Well, I can open iTunes, but the gui won't show up, I can right clich the icon and press play and a song will start playing, but that's all.

iTunes has just been plain buggy with Leopard. I don't have any problems with it since the last update, but when I first upgraded to Leopard it wouldn't let me delete songs from the library without crashing, and here recently if I'm playing an audio CD and have a song on repeat, it crashes after the song gets done playing.

qom

macrumors member
Oct 6, 2007
Azureus seems broke too.
Same problem that I'm having with iTunes, it won't show.

seh80

macrumors 6502
Sep 2, 2005
Chicago, IL USA
iScrapbook was killed. :( This program is really important to me and I'm disgusted with myself for upgrading to 10.5.2! You click to open it, but it freezes each and every time, before it really launches. I've reset, resent pram, repaired permissions, I don't know what else to try. Generally when I go to tech support for help they always give me a "sorry don't know what to tell you" type answer so I'm really freaking out.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.