Apps you regret purchasing....can't believe I bought plants vs zombies

Discussion in 'iOS Apps' started by SydneyJunkie, Oct 29, 2010.

1. SydneyJunkie macrumors regular

uggghh this game is terrible, I always avoided it, but then gave in because Im a fan of tower defense games but its just way too easy, poor lack of strategy involved, its just overall overhyped

I also regret slice it, game gets in my nerves, its like a downloaded a math test

2. gregrose macrumors 6502

madden 2009 what a waste of $10, played a few games & got rid of it.

3. QuarterSwede macrumors G3

QuarterSwede

The only thing I regret about PvZ (I find other complex TD games boring) is that it still doesn't have retina display graphics (nor does Peggle). Boo PopCap.

4. Simm0nS777 macrumors 6502a

my friend made me get Monopoly insisting we'd play multiplayer, played for 2 mins and never again haha.

5. SydneyJunkie thread starter macrumors regular

when modern technology fails, everyone knows Monopoly is played over some beers until everyone passes out:p

6. Corndog5595 macrumors 65816

7. Hydrocity macrumors 6502a

slice it is terrible. i have to think to much. pisses me off...

8. RobinHo0d macrumors member

9. saving107 macrumors 603

saving107

Cannon Challenge II, the original Cannon Challenge is still good, but the developer hasn't updated the app past v1.0 since it was released back on 2008.

10. smokescreen220 macrumors regular

smokescreen220

GraalClassic+ ..... terrible game .... a bunch of kiddies running around trying to screw you...

11. iBaloney macrumors 6502

iBaloney

oh man im glad i didnt buy plants vs zombies. i was on the fence between this and "cut the rope." good thing i chose the latter

12. ortuno2k macrumors 6502a

doodle jump
    moron test
    wolfestein 3d
    the "mad-god-on-the-island" app.. forgot its name

best app i've bought? Angry Birds.... no doubt.:D

13. ovrlrd macrumors 65816

ovrlrd

Can't believe all the PvZ haters, it is such a fantastic game. It starts off simple but becomes much more complex later on. Try not to think of it as a tower defense game so much and just have fun for once! The art style, sounds, and overall humor really make the game an instant classic. The gameplay is very fun on the iPhone (even more so on the iPad) and it's the first game I recommend to everyone who buys an iDevice.

Sometimes a game doesn't have to be impossibly hard to be fun, there is enough challenge in Plants vs Zombies even for the hardcore tower defense players. Mainly because it is not at all like most tower defense games and has plenty of varied mechanics as the game progresses.

14. Lotso macrumors 6502

Lotso

I absolutely hated Rock Band. Not only did it cost 10$ but felt like a piece of junk port. Absolutely terrible!

Thank you! How can you not find Crazy Dave humorous!? PvZ is awesome.

15. Mr. Incredible macrumors 6502a

Spore and Supermonkeyball, when it first came out in 07. Waste of $10.

16. mrochester macrumors 65816

This is the issue I have with a lot of games in the app store; they're way too simplistic, and there's just so many variations of the same theme. There's only two games I've played seriously on the iPhone, and that's Virtual Pool and Airport Mania. Short of that, I will stick with my PC for gaming where I get hours of entertainment rather than a few minutes.

17. twelve56 macrumors member

imovie. Ive only ever used it once and that was just to see what its like.

18. mrochester macrumors 65816

I think the app store would be much less successful if Apple had a refund policy like Google does. There's a number of junk apps I would have returned if I could.

19. Tito Georgie macrumors 6502

Tito Georgie

20. sjn419 macrumors regular

photo fx, i am t pain and talking larry. I dont know what Im thinking sometimes...

21. X5-452 macrumors 6502

X5-452

The original Monkey Ball when it was $10. Not only is it cheaper now, but I can't even play the damn game. I can't get past the 1st level. I really suck at it.

22. cambookpro macrumors 603

cambookpro

23. ozzyman500 macrumors 65816

I love this freaking game! I bought it in March and been playing all through summer. Must of beat it around 20 times. Now I'm bored of it cuz there's nothing else to do. But if there was I'd still be playing it. Because I'm Craaaazzzzzzzzzzzyyyyyyyyyyyy.

Back on topic. There's not too many apps I don't like that I haven't played. I didn't really like Archetype though. Awesome Notes is pretty lame too.