Appsync??

Discussion in 'iPad Hacks' started by Simgar988, May 10, 2010.

1. Simgar988 macrumors 65816

Simgar988

When you use app sync and it's time for an app to update. Does it update or does it just staynin the app store forever?

2. rutiger macrumors regular

Cracked apps don't associate as installed from the app stores perspective. So no they won't update via the app store.

3. Simgar988 thread starter macrumors 65816

Simgar988

Then why do they show up in the appstore "updates" section but I cant install the update.

4. MRU macrumors demi-god

MRU

Lol.

Please change thread title to...

" I stole these apps, and now I feel cheated! "

:D

5. LSUtigers03 macrumors 68020

LSUtigers03

Don't listen to these guys you can update through the AppStore. It'll give you a warning but it's similar to the one you get if you download the app to a different device just hit ok and you're good to go.

6. rutiger macrumors regular

so, i was making an assumption that it wouldn't update because installed cracks apps don't show as installed when in the app store. i admit i have never tried hitting install/purchase to see what happens. also, for any apps i truly use i pay for them. i usually only grabbed cracked apps to make sure they're going to be worth the money. last thing i want to do is waste $10 on a crap app. all apps should have a demo/eval version, but unfortunately that's not the case.

7. MRU macrumors demi-god

MRU

From reading other forums I believe the message it gives you is that you must buy the item if you wish to update, and the option is cancel or buy. No 'ok' option. Therefore I assume if you choose buy your account will be charged and you will be able to update? Or is this wrong?

8. LSUtigers03 macrumors 68020

LSUtigers03

I knew it gave you a warning but I wasn't sure what it said. It will charge the account what I said was a joke.

Also how has this thread not been deleted? I would think a thread about piracy wouldn't stay up for long.

9. Simgar988 thread starter macrumors 65816

Simgar988

Well then why didn't I have this problem with my iPhone Butters?

It's not about piracy it's about testing apps before you buy. I didn't wanna buy sketchbook/brushes/layers pro to determine which I liked, but I found sketchbook was right for me, bought it and trashed the other two. I've spend over $5000 in iTunes/AppStore, I think I can responsibly test apps while still staying morally sound.

10. fishkorp macrumors 68020

fishkorp

By that logic, I've spend hundreds of thousands of dollars on cars in my life, so I can responsibly steal a new car from a lot for a while to determine if I want it while staying morally sound. Awesome.

If the app developer doesn't allow for a demo/trial (equivalent of a test drive for a car), it makes it ok to "borrow" it for a while without permission? Fantastic logic. Many high end cars don't allow test drives, you either buy it, or you don't, that simple.

11. Simgar988 thread starter macrumors 65816

Simgar988

By logic when test drive a car, you're taking that physical, unique one off the lot. Test driving a duplicated piece of software is not the same.

Name one car you can't test drive before you buy

12. gwynne macrumors 68000

gwynne

I've used appsync to check out some apps that have been pulled from the app store and are no longer possible to actually buy. (e.g. ComicReader Mobi.)

I think discussion of the app itself should not be reason for people to get themselves into a tsk-tsking frenzy, but that's just me. The mods will kill the threads if it's deemed necessary.

13. dukebound85 macrumors P6

dukebound85

When you are test driving a car, you have no choice to bring it back

When you use appsync to "test" an app, you can just keep it and most do hence why it's piracy and we do not help with this app

If apple wanted the ability to test app, they would have implemented it. As they don't...no amt of justifying will make it "right"

OP...you should know better. Reported

14. Sdevante macrumors 6502

I own a plot of land.

I own many things.

Yes, I own the obvious - dirt, grass, worms.

But, I own the non-obvious - the sky above the land, to a certain height. The right to build a house on the land. The right to build a barn on the land. The right to cut down the trees on the land.

I also own the right to exclude everyone else in the universe from coming onto my land. If somebody does come onto my land, they are either arrested for trespassing - or shot.

It is the same with "borrowing" software - you are infringing on the developer's right to control who does, and who does not, have access to their property.

Having said all of that - I subscribe to the try before you buy method.

Lol. :p

15. Simgar988 thread starter macrumors 65816

Simgar988

Survival of the fittest will always apply.

16. MRU macrumors demi-god

MRU

Fittest? Deviant more like....
    :p

17. Simgar988 thread starter macrumors 65816

Simgar988

Butters! This is your pal ASIMO. shut up, no one is being deviant!"

18. ViViDboarder macrumors 68040

ViViDboarder

Really? Thread is still going?

If you're really trying before you buy, then that's great. Fact is it's still piracy. There is a reason many apps have Lite versions.

It's not up to YOU to FORCE the developer to give you a trial. If the dev wants a trial released, they will release one. If not, you can look up reviews online like the rest of us.

19. gwynne macrumors 68000

gwynne

I'm guessing (only because thread is still here, don't know policy!) the mods aren't going to do anything unless people are actually providing links and resources to get pirated apps, which AppSync alone doesn't do. The funny thing is all the people tsk-tsking just keeps the thread bumped, so you guys are doing more to spread piracy than anything else. :p

20. ViViDboarder macrumors 68040

ViViDboarder

Streisand Effect

21. Simgar988 thread starter macrumors 65816

Simgar988

The funny thing is that people are making a big deal about this! No one has helped and every post in here but mine is a pointless bumb

That's awesome vivid. I love learning

22. -aggie- macrumors P6

-aggie-

Nice house. Wow!

Probably because no one believes that people just "try out" the apps without buying them if they really like them.

23. Simgar988 thread starter macrumors 65816

Simgar988

That house was SICK. How rich is she?

It's because THEY know that they wouldn't buy them they used pirated ones first, so they assume everyone else would as well. I used to only buy apps the legit way buy realized how much money I was spending on bad apps that i never used and decided it was a bit rediculous.

24. gwynne macrumors 68000

gwynne

Interesting. I know a lot of pointless cultural and internet trivia and hadn't heard that one. Stealing for future use.

25. Simgar988 thread starter macrumors 65816

Simgar988

I hope people flame her now that she's stealing:rolleyes: