April 25 Order for Black 42mm Sport

Discussion in 'Apple Watch' started by greenglue, May 1, 2015.

1. greenglue macrumors regular

Hi all.

Ordered my 42mm Space Grey Apple watch recently (Apr. 25) and have June as my 'Available to ship' date. Just wondering how realistic this is? I've heard some people in pre-orders who had June but are expected to get it within a few weeks instead.

Thanks.

2. supernet33 macrumors regular

I ordered the same thing but April 22nd... I am in the same boat as you.

3. djransom macrumors 68040

djransom

The Space Grey looks like it literally is sitting at the right date. I cancelled mine yesterday and went with white instead.

4. mac.cali macrumors 65816

Seems like the 42mm ship date is now July. :(
    Apple really should of started shipping at WWDC, that way they can solve their manufacturing problem. This is by far the worst product they have launched with such a long delay.

5. greenglue thread starter macrumors regular

I agree. I have a feeling it's due to the fact that the haptic motor had to be replaced with a new one.

6. robbie12345 macrumors 6502

You'll Probably get it June 30th-July 10th.

I Ordered mine at 7:30am on April 10th and its ship date is May 29th- June 11th.

7. Fireball Dragon macrumors 6502a

Fireball Dragon

To put in perspective...

I ordered on 10th April, ~6-7 hours after preorders went live.

May 27th - 9th June for me.

8. djransom macrumors 68040

djransom

9. greenglue thread starter macrumors regular

On May 1 the date jumps two months ahead for shipping. In april it was two months ahead as well.
    April order -> june ship
    May order -> july ship...
    Pattern?

10. greenglue thread starter macrumors regular

Finally seeing some SG BSB orders being processed. i've seen until about XX:08 or so... And that's just pre-order day, i'm on the 25th! :(

11. justinthesommer macrumors regular

justinthesommer

Yeah I think the SG Sport is basically on the exact day or maybe a day before. Today they are only starting to get into the xx:08 from launch day. I ordered at xx:11:50 on launch day and probably wont get it until Monday or Wednesday next week. But my scheduled delivery day is May 13-May 27.

12. TimUSCA macrumors 6502a

TimUSCA

Similar situation here, but my order time was xx:12:01. So you and I will ship closely together.

You really think it could happen as early as Monday or Wednesday? I have my doubts.

13. justinthesommer macrumors regular

justinthesommer

Yeah I'm not being too optimistic about it either. I was hoping to have it by the end of this week, but the way it looks it will most likely be the end of next week... if were lucky. lolol
    And I haven't seem as many :09-:10 orders, because I think a lot of people were like :05-:07 so it may go faster as it goes farther in time.

14. greenglue thread starter macrumors regular

Yea I'm thinking the 'crunch' period of time was the first 15 minutes. Once we're past there, I hope they fulfil orders HOURS at a time, not SECONDS

15. TimUSCA macrumors 6502a

TimUSCA

I go out of town on the 14th, super early... I'd really like to have it by then, but it'd need to ship by Tuesday for that to happen.

16. justinthesommer macrumors regular

justinthesommer

Right now they are doing about a half minute a day. At that rate mine might ship on Wednesday of next week. But I think they will soon get to a minute a day (hopefully by Friday-Saturday) because there are less orders the farther in time you go.

----------

Yeah Hey Im hoping. Right now they are doing about a half hour a day worth of shipping. If that keeps up ours wont ship until Wednesday. But I think they are getting better each day so it might ship Monday or Tuesday and get here Wednesday. hopefully at least!

17. greenglue thread starter macrumors regular

18. syclonefx macrumors regular

syclonefx

I ordered mine on April 25th too. I'm hoping June, but by the looks of it July is more likely of a ship date for us. It doesn't look like they are ramping up production to meet the demand.

19. foxkoneko macrumors 6502

I ordered one on same date & nothing yet.
    Went to the maxfield LA store yesterday & got a SG the same day :rolleyes:

20. Acidreigns macrumors member

Same here, ordered on April 22 and got the open ended "June" shipping window.

21. greenglue thread starter macrumors regular

Now shipping until XX:14 it seems! Huge batch just came through. I think either that or we are almost done the crunch times!!!

22. sam223 macrumors member

Funny I ordered the same watch on April 11 and it says available to ship June

23. leeingham macrumors 6502

I ordered 2.5 hours after orders went live and I have a 28th May - 10th June order so you will be lucky to see anytime before the 20th June I would say

24. dpa78 macrumors newbie

April 25th Black Sport 42mm - No change in June timframe

I too ordered on April 25th. Still says June. I IM'd apple this morning, this was their response..

If earlier availability opens up, then Apple will be the first to send you an email notifying you that your order will be shipped early.

June is the current availability right now and once your Apple Watch ships out, then you will receive your shipment notification email with your exact date and your tracking information for your order.

Based on other threads it looks like they're still shipping the black sports watch from April 10/11th orders. Will continue to be a long wait!

25. Mascots macrumors 65816

Mascots

Good luck.

Ordered 38 on 10th about 10 hours after launch and still have another 1-3 weeks. With this shortage, if prices are still high, I may try to sell it and buy a stainless since some models are shipping in under a week.