Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

sobedragonfire

macrumors newbie
Apr 20, 2005
Need one

I hope it comes out soon. Seriously need a new Mac to go along with Tiger and my new wireless internet setup. I hope they release the new iMac when Tiger comes out. Can't wait anymore!!

PlaceofDis

macrumors Core
Jan 6, 2004
rtdgoldfish said:
Yawn...

Honestly, how many of these rumors have we seen in the past month?? I will believe it when I can order it from Apple.

iAgree, at least the rumor sites have actually been producing rumors these days

Freg3000

macrumors 68000
Sep 22, 2002
New York
I remember when I used to think Apple would refresh a computer line every six months...but now-a-days it is 8-10 months. This bit about the mini (albeit seemingly only a memory boost) is very nice.

ALoveSupreme

macrumors member
Apr 17, 2005
Frankfurt am Main, Germany
Power Mac Updates!!

The shipping dates for Power Macs have changed to one week in all a lot of the european stores.. Looks like we'll see updates soon.

And only for the dual G5s, the single 1.8 still has 24 hours shipping.

Hiroshige

macrumors member
Mar 31, 2004
Since Apple has had an extra couple of weeks to get it right, I expect nothing less than GX chips across the line and 3 Ghz dual cores at the high end :D

GodBless

macrumors 65816
Jan 22, 2005
aswitcher said:
A Mac Mini update so soon. Wow. I wonder if it will be more than the ram...
I hope so! :eek:

Hopefully the *UP*date doesn't *UP* the price.

Lacero

macrumors 604
Jan 20, 2005
These are shotgun rumors. :D Eventually we'll hit the right target. "Reliable sources confirm PowerMacs will be updated sometime this year. Please stay tuned for more details as we get them."

aussie_geek

macrumors 65816
Apr 19, 2004
Sydney Australia
ALoveSupreme said:
The shipping dates for Poweer Macs have changed to one week in all a lot of the european stores.. Looks like we'll see updates soon.

I am seeing the same here in the Australian store. Earlier today all PowerMacs were 1-2 days shipping (normal time for us down here). Now, only the 1.8Ghz single processor is 1-2 days. The rest are shipping in 3-5 days...
:)

Lets hope Think secret got it right!

aussie_geek

aswitcher

macrumors 603
Oct 8, 2003
Canberra OZ
aussie_geek said:
I am seeing the same here in the Australian store. Earlier today all PowerMacs were 1-2 days shipping (normal time for us down here). Now, only the 1.8Ghz single processor is 1-2 days. The rest are shipping in 3-5 days...
:)

Lets hope Think secret got it right!

aussie_geek

Well spotted...maybe a non Tuesday release even

sw1tcher

macrumors 603
Jan 6, 2004
Hope this rumor is true.

Sources last month said iBook updates were near complete, but like the eMacs they'll only see slight improvements in specs. iBooks are expected to gain improved video cards, 512MB of standard RAM and a 1.33GHz processor on the low-end of the product line. iBooks will likely top out at either 1.42GHz or 1.5GHz, sources said, with manufacturing being handled by Asustek.

Me want new iBook. A better GPU (with 64MB RAM) and 512MB RAM (1 DIMM) standard would make me very happy. But knowning Apple, they'll probably stick with the ATI Mobility Radeon 9200.

sw1tcher

macrumors 603
Jan 6, 2004
ALoveSupreme said:
The shipping dates for Poweer Macs have changed to one week in all a lot of the european stores.. Looks like we'll see updates soon.

The U.S. store still shows "same business day" for everything except the 17" PB (1-2 business days). 17" G5 PB on Tuesday? :p

Zaty

macrumors 65816
Mar 14, 2004
Switzerland
Sounds about right but will they release all new Macs on the very same day? What about PMs on Monday, iMacs on Tuesday, iBook on Wednesday and eMacs on Thursday? :)

le_coc

macrumors member
Oct 19, 2004
Netherlands
I hope this rumor is true indeed ! We are waiting here aswell! Want to buy new iMac 20" HD or something / powermac + powerbook 15" so please give us some new hardware...... We are waiting allready so long! :(

mvc

macrumors 6502a
Jul 11, 2003
Outer-Roa
Zaty said:
Sounds about right but will they release all new Macs on the very same day? What about PMs on Monday, iMacs on Tuesday, iBook on Wednesday and eMacs on Thursday? :)

If they want to bury disappointing upgrades to the PowerMacs, then yes, they will release all the Macs on one day, and then release Tiger a few days later to bury ALL the so-so hardware upgrades.

So 26th sounds about right to me, three days before Tiger. Which means its gonna be bad news.

Still, at WWDC we will probably see a range extension to the Powermacs, a top end 3ghz Quadcore for the sake of Steve's bragging rights (and earning top dollar!)

This will mean it won't actually be an update to the existing lines (so all the "Apple will never update the Powermacs after only 3 months" arguments are invalid") and if you think about it 2.0ghz, 2.3ghz, 2.7ghz & 3.0ghz are a typical spacing, looks to me like Apple is setting it up.

webobject

macrumors newbie
Apr 18, 2005
but if this is right on the PMs wouldn't it be just a speed bump as opposed to something which is really worth announcing at wwdc? If that's the case I can and would rather wait another month.
webobject

Bear

macrumors G3
Jul 23, 2002
Sol III - Terra
sw1tcher said:
The U.S. store still shows "same business day" for everything except the 17" PB (1-2 business days). 17" G5 PB on Tuesday? :p
Acxtually, the 17" PowerBook had been at a longer leadtime, so that doesn't mean much.

Some of the CTO PowerMacs in the US have a longer than usual leadtime, however, it was even longer a few days ago, so it could just be a manufacturing slowdown or they had a bunch of orders.

Leadtimes are a tough thing to use as sometimes they indicate new product and sometimes they don't. In this case, the data from the US store is kinda meaningless.

Platform

macrumors 68030
Dec 30, 2004
Zaty said:

Heheheeh that would be nice......and one hell of a week for apple :rolleyes:

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.