Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.
Status
Not open for further replies.

LimeiBook86

macrumors G3
May 4, 2002
Go Vegan
Wow, this is hilarious. Yet another reason why I love this community. So many little jokes here and there. The thread bump thread, the Performa for sale with eWorld, Security Update for calculator, TextEdit running faster, All your base are belong to Doctor Q, New Apple Ad features John C. Dvorak, Page 2 R2D2/C3PO, and the missing images in users avatars,...hahaha I love it!! You guys crack me up. Thanks everyone at MacRumors.com, you've made my day! :D

Go Team MacRumors!!
mac_groove.gif

Would be funny to see the "banned" tag on some of the Admin user names, ...there's an idea for next year ;)

MacQuest

macrumors 6502a
Jan 18, 2003
You See Dead People...
In response to the thread entitled:

"Do Macs support the Microtek i900 paper currency scanner?"

Yes, but the resolution is not high enough to pass for being real. Also, don't forget to scan in color if you try it.
- Prisoner #INM8740328 - Chino, CA

In response to the thread entitled:

"What font is good for a ransom note?"

DO NOT use Zapf Dingbats.
- Prisoner #INM8740328's "cellmate/male girlfriend" - Chino, CA

Ooops, we gotta go!

Time to see whose "Milkshake brings all the boys to the yard".

btimlake

macrumors newbie
Apr 2, 2006
Excellent

This was the best April Fool I saw online all day.

This was my favorite:
iMac No Longer Includes Modem or Power Cord

Might have something to do with every jest containing an element of truth.

Rocksaurus

macrumors 6502a
Sep 14, 2003
California
Just wanted to say the "Bonjour changed to Aloha and French language support dropped" was one of the funniest mac-related april fools fake headlines I've ever seen. Keep up the great work, MR. :)

steve_hill4

macrumors 68000
May 15, 2005
NG9, England
What a larf!

I was in stiches reading some of those, especially the Dvorak advert. I can only imagine what that would be like, "Now's the right time to buy a Mac, you can install Windows on one."

Anyway thanks to all those involved and we should ensure a year long Page 3 exists.

sunfast

macrumors 68020
Oct 14, 2005
~Shard~ said:
And thank you Doctor Q and all the other Gods and Mods for making MR such a great community to be a part of! :cool:

Well said! Thanks MR

steve_hill4

macrumors 68000
May 15, 2005
NG9, England
~Shard~ said:
I think that's just asking for trouble. ;) :D
Still, much more interesting than reading another "Faked iPod AV/Video iPod" topic. I love spoofs and this Page 3 very much reminded me of The Onion in the way it made things sounds completely implausible, despite maintaining an element of realism to them.

Again, a big hand to all those involved and me feels a donation could be on its way at some point in the future, (pending the status of other donations I currently make). :)

I will also add that "Page 3" made it onto the list of AFD 2006 pranks on wikipedia.

iRachel

macrumors 6502a
I missed this yesterday somehow! :mad: I was so busy waiting for us to become pirates or something that I didn't notice this. I love all the little subtleties like "is it MAC or Mac" and the "Highest Prices Available" section - why can't I find the "all your base are belong to Doctor Q?" Where is it?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.