Are all the news outlets reporting the bending issue based on one/two threads here ?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by kalebnate, Sep 24, 2014.

1. kalebnate, Sep 24, 2014
    Last edited: Sep 25, 2014

kalebnate macrumors 6502

Thing is blowing out of proportions !!

Edit :

Some of you are not understanding my point.

I'm not asking IF news outlets are reporting it, I'm asking IF they're reporting the bending issue BASED on the one or two threads in this forum that first mentioned it. OR is the bending issue being reported in other forums as well and not mirroring the threads posted here ?

In this way we can know if the media is just really taking this to the next level based on a few number of occurrences (reported here), when millions did not report any problems since release.

Post edited and title improved for clarity

2. sinsin07 macrumors 68030

Yes. And you're helping.

Good job.

3. kalebnate thread starter macrumors 6502

Thanks.

I'm actually seriously curious. Has this issue been reported elsewhere ?

4. SpyderBite macrumors 65816

SpyderBite

Scroll up. There are several posts on this. When in doubt Search before you post.

5. neteng101 macrumors 65816

They showed the now famous bend test and talked about it on CNBC today. Bendgate is definitely being talked about.

6. ZBoater macrumors G3

ZBoater

They talk about Justin Bieber too. Doesn't mean its important.

7. sinsin07 macrumors 68030

Come on. They was never in doubt. It's easy enough to find the many threads on this topic.

The curiosity could of easily been satisfied with a Google search.

----------

No your not. A google search could of easily satisfied your curiosity.

It's strange that a few on these thread staters have join dates of 9/11/2014/

8. ivnj macrumors 65816

I just saw this on my local news NBC. So its real I guess. Wow just saved my self 650 or 750 bucks. Glad I didn't buy one.

9. RockSpider macrumors 6502a

Only around the world, Facebook, Twitter and just about every newspaper on the planet, apart from that, no. Noodle manufacturers are changing the name of their noodles to iPhone 6 Plus.

Some of the photos are really hilarious, if nothing else Apple seems to be getting plenty of attention.

10. ZBoater macrumors G3

ZBoater

Yeah, and its on the Internet too, so it must be real... :rolleyes:

11. RockSpider macrumors 6502a

I know, I nearly ordered the iPhone 6 Plus online, but thought I'd wait till I had one in my hand. It's very flimsy, I can understand why they're bending, I too saved a good deal of money. Oh, and I hated the big bezels.

Now I'll just sit back and wait and look at other phones.

----------

Have a look at Cult of Mac and do a search on iPhone 6 repair kit.:p

12. kalebnate thread starter macrumors 6502

Some of you are not understanding my point.

I'm not asking IF news outlets are reporting it, I'm asking IF they're reporting the bending issue BASED on the one or two threads in this forum that first mentioned it. OR is the bending issue being reported in other forums as well ?

13. MH01 macrumors G4

MH01

That's how I approach your posts ;)

Thumbs up Bro!

So do you just apologise for Apple on here or take the piss out of people, cherry picking specific words in their posts? I suspect you might not actually be an apologists, and you get fun out of taking the piss out of people on every thread.

FYI it does not come across as intellectual, if that is what your aiming at.

14. fmcarv macrumors 6502

yeah...two people bent their phones while sitting their fat bottoms on it.....

it's real!!

15. dmccloud macrumors 6502a

dmccloud

Any phone will bend if you use enough force. Your local affiliate probably forgot to mention that, or the fact that the one video on YouTube showed the guy using excessive force to bend an iPhone that was already bent. If it takes that much force to bend an already compromised phone, then it's not going to be as easy to bend a pristine iPhone 6 as some people are claiming.

16. MacMilligan macrumors 6502

He tried other phones too with an updated video. The 6 regular didn't bend much and the Moto X didn't even creak, so the 6+ is definitely a weaker phone than most. So much so that normal use can cause a bend.

17. kalebnate thread starter macrumors 6502

No one answered the main question yet, has this been reported in other forums without them mirroring threads posted here ?

18. Steve686 macrumors 68030

Steve686

Sep 2014
    Sep 2014
    Sep 2014

Trollgate more like it.

19. kalebnate thread starter macrumors 6502

Referring to me ?

20. Steve686 macrumors 68030

Steve686

Infer as you like.

21. kalebnate thread starter macrumors 6502

Maybe check my post and thread history before spewing **** from that mouth of yours :D

22. Steve686 macrumors 68030

Steve686

No interest in you after pointless thread.

We don't talk here. We type words. No mouth involved.

Done here, but feel free to feed hysteria. It's your right as a member, as is my opinion without profanity being "spewed". Correct that, and all is good.

23. CelestialToys macrumors 6502

Reading comprehension is pretty low on this forum.

From what I've read most of the reports seem to stem from just a couple of initial posts on this forum of "real world" pocket bends. The BBC and other news sites have even cited these reports in their reporting on the issue.

Obviously with such a lot of publicity reports from others who are now looking for the issue are beginning to snowball.

24. kalebnate thread starter macrumors 6502

Tell me about it.

Yeah it seems so, and is no one realizing this ?
    However I was doing my own check online and stumbled upon this reddit post : http://www.reddit.com/r/apple/comments/2hbwdj/mod_post_tell_us_about_your_iphone_6_plus_is/

Seems like others are reporting it (however no one can verify if these claims are legitimate) .. This sucks honestly, people are becoming worried about their 6+ (including me) without even getting it yet.