Are all the news outlets reporting the bending issue based on one/two threads here ?

kalebnate

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Sep 11, 2014
Thing is blowing out of proportions !!

Edit :

Some of you are not understanding my point.

I'm not asking IF news outlets are reporting it, I'm asking IF they're reporting the bending issue BASED on the one or two threads in this forum that first mentioned it. OR is the bending issue being reported in other forums as well and not mirroring the threads posted here ?

In this way we can know if the media is just really taking this to the next level based on a few number of occurrences (reported here), when millions did not report any problems since release.

Post edited and title improved for clarity

Last edited:

neteng101

macrumors 65816
Jan 7, 2009
They showed the now famous bend test and talked about it on CNBC today. Bendgate is definitely being talked about.

sinsin07

macrumors 68040
Mar 28, 2009
Scroll up. There are several posts on this. When in doubt Search before you post.
Come on. They was never in doubt. It's easy enough to find the many threads on this topic.

The curiosity could of easily been satisfied with a Google search.

----------

Thanks.

I'm actually seriously curious. Has this issue been reported elsewhere ?
No your not. A google search could of easily satisfied your curiosity.

It's strange that a few on these thread staters have join dates of 9/11/2014/

ivnj

macrumors 65816
Dec 8, 2006
I just saw this on my local news NBC. So its real I guess. Wow just saved my self 650 or 750 bucks. Glad I didn't buy one.

RockSpider

macrumors 6502a
Sep 18, 2014
...relying on a thread (or two threads?) posted in this forum ? Oh and now a video of a guy bending an already bent phone ?

Thing is blowing out of proportions.

Has this bending issue been reported elsewhere ?
Only around the world, Facebook, Twitter and just about every newspaper on the planet, apart from that, no. Noodle manufacturers are changing the name of their noodles to iPhone 6 Plus.

Some of the photos are really hilarious, if nothing else Apple seems to be getting plenty of attention.

RockSpider

macrumors 6502a
Sep 18, 2014
I just saw this on my local news NBC. So its real I guess. Wow just saved my self 650 or 750 bucks. Glad I didn't buy one.
I know, I nearly ordered the iPhone 6 Plus online, but thought I'd wait till I had one in my hand. It's very flimsy, I can understand why they're bending, I too saved a good deal of money. Oh, and I hated the big bezels.

Now I'll just sit back and wait and look at other phones.

----------

...relying on a thread (or two threads?) posted in this forum ? Oh and now a video of a guy bending an already bent phone ?

Thing is blowing out of proportions.

Has this bending issue been reported elsewhere ?
Have a look at Cult of Mac and do a search on iPhone 6 repair kit.:p

kalebnate

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Sep 11, 2014
Some of you are not understanding my point.

I'm not asking IF news outlets are reporting it, I'm asking IF they're reporting the bending issue BASED on the one or two threads in this forum that first mentioned it. OR is the bending issue being reported in other forums as well ?

MH01

Suspended
Feb 11, 2008
Yeah, and its on the Internet too, so it must be real... :rolleyes:
That's how I approach your posts ;)

Thumbs up Bro!

So do you just apologise for Apple on here or take the piss out of people, cherry picking specific words in their posts? I suspect you might not actually be an apologists, and you get fun out of taking the piss out of people on every thread.

FYI it does not come across as intellectual, if that is what your aiming at.

fmcarv

macrumors 6502
Sep 11, 2014
yeah...two people bent their phones while sitting their fat bottoms on it.....

it's real!!

dmccloud

macrumors 65816
Sep 7, 2009
Anchorage, AK
Any phone will bend if you use enough force. Your local affiliate probably forgot to mention that, or the fact that the one video on YouTube showed the guy using excessive force to bend an iPhone that was already bent. If it takes that much force to bend an already compromised phone, then it's not going to be as easy to bend a pristine iPhone 6 as some people are claiming.

MacMilligan

macrumors 6502
Aug 2, 2012
Any phone will bend if you use enough force. Your local affiliate probably forgot to mention that, or the fact that the one video on YouTube showed the guy using excessive force to bend an iPhone that was already bent. If it takes that much force to bend an already compromised phone, then it's not going to be as easy to bend a pristine iPhone 6 as some people are claiming.
He tried other phones too with an updated video. The 6 regular didn't bend much and the Moto X didn't even creak, so the 6+ is definitely a weaker phone than most. So much so that normal use can cause a bend.

kalebnate

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Sep 11, 2014
No one answered the main question yet, has this been reported in other forums without them mirroring threads posted here ?

CelestialToys

macrumors 6502
Aug 4, 2013
up above the streets and houses
Reading comprehension is pretty low on this forum.

From what I've read most of the reports seem to stem from just a couple of initial posts on this forum of "real world" pocket bends. The BBC and other news sites have even cited these reports in their reporting on the issue.

Obviously with such a lot of publicity reports from others who are now looking for the issue are beginning to snowball.

kalebnate

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Sep 11, 2014
Reading comprehension is pretty low on this forum.
Tell me about it.

From what I've read most of the reports seem to stem from just a couple of initial posts on this forum of "real world" pocket bends. The BBC and other news sites have even cited these reports in their reporting on the issue.

Obviously with such a lot of publicity reports from others who are now looking for the issue are beginning to snowball.
Yeah it seems so, and is no one realizing this ?
However I was doing my own check online and stumbled upon this reddit post : http://www.reddit.com/r/apple/comments/2hbwdj/mod_post_tell_us_about_your_iphone_6_plus_is/

Seems like others are reporting it (however no one can verify if these claims are legitimate) .. This sucks honestly, people are becoming worried about their 6+ (including me) without even getting it yet.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.