Are Apple products REALLY better quality?

Discussion in 'Mac Basics and Help' started by applefan289, Mar 17, 2011.

1. applefan289 macrumors 68000

...or is it the attention to design that makes it seem that way?

I guess what I'm asking is, are Apple products the same quality as any other products but with better product design planning, or are the materials themselves superior?

2. GGJstudios macrumors Westmere

GGJstudios

They use the same materials as anyone else. The design is different, but they're not magical. Like any manufacturer, their products are not flawless.

3. applefan289 thread starter macrumors 68000

So it's probably the attention to design that makes their products look and feel superior.

4. Capt Underpants macrumors 68030

Capt Underpants

Apple's unibody process allows them to make some incredibly thin and light, yet sturdy designs. It took them a while to design and perfect the process. But now that they've done it, competitors are left in the dust.

5. BlaqkAudio macrumors 6502

I can't say anything about the competition, but the unibody MBP is incredibly sturdy. Comparing my early 2008 MBP and my early 2011 MBP, the early 2011 definitely feels more sturdy even though they're the same thickness.

6. Michaelgtrusa macrumors 604

Michaelgtrusa

It's all about the design of the cases that Apple uses as for hardware, it's the same. Apple has had many QT issues in the last several years many have been covered up. LG has not supplying Apple with great lcd screens in the last several years.