Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

gudromeo

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jun 28, 2018
Latvia,Riga
Hello

I came here to professionals to ask,I got an iPhone 7 Jet Black 128 iCloud Locked

And I've tried some thing with it from YouTube but unfortunately either it's scam or just won't work no more

So I went on Google and found several websites - www.cellunlocker.co.uk ; www.iphoneimei.net ; www.unlockinstantly.com ; imei24.com & also this www.icloudunlockbuddy.com

Could you please tell me something about whole this iCloud removing thing ? Are these websites even legit ? Is it even possible somehow, how much would it cost.

Thank You !

borgranta

macrumors 6502
May 9, 2018
Hello

I came here to professionals to ask,I got an iPhone 7 Jet Black 128 iCloud Locked

And I've tried some thing with it from YouTube but unfortunately either it's scam or just won't work no more

So I went on Google and found several websites - www.cellunlocker.co.uk ; www.iphoneimei.net ; www.unlockinstantly.com ; imei24.com & also this www.icloudunlockbuddy.com

Could you please tell me something about whole this iCloud removing thing ? Are these websites even legit ? Is it even possible somehow, how much would it cost.

Thank You !
Whoever you bought from probably as too clueless to remove it from their find iCloud account prior to factory restoring it or it was stolen. The seller will either have to unlock it for you or refund your money.
[doublepost=1530257026][/doublepost]If you paid electronically you should dispute the charges due to being sold stolen property.

nieks

macrumors 6502
Apr 7, 2016
The Netherlands
Hello

You should not buy a locked iPhone, as there is no way for you as new owner to unlock it. To unlock it, you need the iCloud credentials of the former owner.

Thank You !

No, these websites are not legit. At least, not for removing iCloud data. Apple prevented these options, to counter iPhone-theft. Essentially, this means a (probably) stolen phone can not be used by a new owner.

Minho

macrumors regular
Oct 4, 2017
Montreal, Canada
I don't believe anyone has figured out how to truly circumvent Activation Lock from a hardware perspective. There are some "cheats", if you will, for GSM enabled iPads but that isn't truly unlocking the device.

From a software perspective, I believe the only way is if you know someone who has a GSX account with Apple. Unlocking a phone this way would certainly be in breach of whatever agreement this person or party has in place with Apple to have the GSX account in the first place.

Most Activation Locked phones/devices are stolen or lost/found making this a gray area at best and downright fraudulent/criminal at worst, which is why there is so little credible information out there. It's either shady websites or internet myths circulating. If there were an easy way to do this, you would have it done at Wal-Mart or Best Buy :>).

gudromeo

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jun 28, 2018
Latvia,Riga
Whoever you bought from probably as too clueless to remove it from their find iCloud account prior to factory restoring it or it was stolen. The seller will either have to unlock it for you or refund your money.
[doublepost=1530257026][/doublepost]If you paid electronically you should dispute the charges due to being sold stolen property.
Well my friend asked me to figure it out, thank you anyways !))
[doublepost=1530295683][/doublepost]
You should not buy a locked iPhone, as there is no way for you as new owner to unlock it. To unlock it, you need the iCloud credentials of the former owner.

No, these websites are not legit. At least, not for removing iCloud data. Apple prevented these options, to counter iPhone-theft. Essentially, this means a (probably) stolen phone can not be used by a new owner.
Understood, thank you !))

Minho

macrumors regular
Oct 4, 2017
Montreal, Canada
If you got this phone from someone you know and they just don't know how to unlock it, then they have to unlock it with their AppleID and password (Settings - Sign Out of iCloud or alternatively via www.icloud.com). If they don't remember their password, they need to show proof of ownership/purchase to Apple (via phone support or in store) and Apple will unlock it. If your friend is just asking because they got their hands on an Activation Locked device, then see my first comment above.

gudromeo

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jun 28, 2018
Latvia,Riga
I don't believe anyone has figured out how to truly circumvent Activation Lock from a hardware perspective. There are some "cheats", if you will, for GSM enabled iPads but that isn't truly unlocking the device.

From a software perspective, I believe the only way is if you know someone who has a GSX account with Apple. Unlocking a phone this way would certainly be in breach of whatever agreement this person or party has in place with Apple to have the GSX account in the first place.

Most Activation Locked phones/devices are stolen or lost/found making this a gray area at best and downright fraudulent/criminal at worst, which is why there is so little credible information out there. It's either shady websites or internet myths circulating. If there were an easy way to do this, you would have it done at Wal-Mart or Best Buy :>).
I understand, thank you for that explanation !))
[doublepost=1530297128][/doublepost]
If you got this phone from someone you know and they just don't know how to unlock it, then they have to unlock it with their AppleID and password (Settings - Sign Out of iCloud or alternatively via www.icloud.com). If they don't remember their password, they need to show proof of ownership/purchase to Apple (via phone support or in store) and Apple will unlock it. If your friend is just asking because they got their hands on an Activation Locked device, then see my first comment above.
I see ahah,thanks bro

aakshey

macrumors 68030
Jun 13, 2016
There are advanced hackers who can replace the chip to do it. Isn't unheard of in India and China. But isn't possible to do so via software I guess. And nobody can do it for you online. At least nobody on MacRumours.

Minho

macrumors regular
Oct 4, 2017
Montreal, Canada
There are advanced hackers who can replace the chip to do it. Isn't unheard of in India and China. But isn't possible to do so via software I guess. And nobody can do it for you online. At least nobody on MacRumours.

Hmmm...I highly doubt that. Activation Lock is not tied to one IC. Besides, you can remove the CPU/NAND/BB/EEPROM and replace them with non-Activation Locked IC's to "unlock the board" but that isn't really disabling the lock, your just transplanting the problem from one board to another. It only makes some kind of sense if you use the IC's from an otherwise damaged logic board and transplant them into your "good but locked" board. It's a high risk repair with low success rates, doesn't give you access to the data and is much more complicated than simply replacing the logic board (or phone).

Reactions: jetsam
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.