Are males afraid of singing?

waloshin

macrumors 68040
Original poster
Oct 9, 2008
Are males afraid of trying out their voices and sining? Have and or do you sing when in private or around your family?

yg17

macrumors G5
Aug 1, 2004
St. Louis, MO
I don't sing around people because I have a terrible singing voice, not because I have a penis.

Comment

boss.king

macrumors 68040
Apr 8, 2009
I'm not a great singer but I still sing along with the radio. I rap too. And I'm white. How does that make you feel? :p

Comment

ChrisTX

macrumors 68030
Dec 30, 2009
Texas
No qualms about singing whatsoever, but I listen to a lot of metal music if that counts. :D

Comment

maflynn

Staff member
May 3, 2009
Boston
I'm completely and utterly tone deaf. With that said, I have no problems singing in public. Of course when I do, my kids plea for me to stop :p

Comment

applefan289

macrumors 68000
Aug 20, 2010
USA
Are males afraid of trying out their voices and sining? Have and or do you sing when in private or around your family?
I am a male and I'm not "afraid" of singing. I sing in private sometimes, as well as when I'm around my family.

But the songs I sing are not your usual songs...I usually sing J-pop in Japanese. So that takes a lot out of any possible embarrassment.

When people don't know what you're singing, or they've never heard the song, it's much more "under the radar" than if you were singing the latest Maroon 5 or Adele song.

Last edited:
Comment

Queso

Suspended
Mar 4, 2006
I sing all the time. But then I'm actually bloody damn good at it, with a three octave range (not bad for a 40 year old). I can even do American Idol style falsetto warbles.

Yeah, I'm that good. Jealous much?

Comment

rdowns

macrumors Penryn
Jul 11, 2003
But the songs I sing are not your usual songs...I usually sing J-pop in Japanese. So that takes a lot out of any possible embarrassment.

If that's what you must keep telling yourself, so be it. :D

Comment

ComputersaysNo

macrumors 6502
Apr 15, 2010
Amsterdam
When answering the phone, singing completely out of tune, things like:'Oh Mark, how nice of you to call me, you're my best friend and i will always loooooooooooooove youououou, you saved my life and i want to ******************************ck you' (or things about his/her mother, the nastier is most of the times the best). is a pretty good conversation starter. Especially if the other one is in a public place and either starts laughing really hard or... sings along. :)

Comment

leekohler

macrumors G5
Dec 22, 2004
Chicago, Illinois
Of course not. I sang in nu8scal theater in HS and punk bands in college. I trained with an opera coach as well. I still go out sing karaoke in bars once in a while, much to the relief of other bar patrons who've been suffering through the tone deaf for hours. ;)

Comment
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.