Are people selling/buying from ebay

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by noodle15, Oct 8, 2014.

1. noodle15 macrumors member

I have 2 iphones a 6 and 6+. 6 is a grey 64gb and 6+is a gold 16gb. Wife would have kept the 6+ plus but feels not enough memory, which I agree.
    Are people still trying to pick up these phones?

2. 617aircav Suspended

3. JayLenochiniMac macrumors G5

Sure people are buying on ebay. Whether it's worth the risk (as opposed to returning for a full refund) is another question.

4. sillywabbit macrumors 6502a

After rip off eBay fees and rip off paypal fees, you will be negative if you paid full price for your phone.

The demand doesn't seem high enough for the new iPhones to come out ahead money wise.

Plus you have to be wary of the rip off buyer who is out to scam you.

PayPal will of course side with the buyer no matter how much proof you have .

5. AppleP59 macrumors 6502

Apple has released a new Activation Lock Status tool that will make it easier for people buying a used iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch to avoid getting a device that is locked to another user.
    https://www.icloud.com/activationlock/

[​IMG]

6. CEmajr macrumors 601

Yes they're still buying them and some above retail. I'd say go ahead and sell them. I'd post on Craigslist first to see if there's any local interest and if not then post on eBay.

7. accountforit macrumors 6502a

Someone feels entitled and thinks companies should provide him a valuable service for free.

That same someone is paranoid as hell and doesn't think he should read and follow the rules in order to be successful.

8. sillywabbit macrumors 6502a

Who said someone was entitled to free service?

9. Romy90210 macrumors 6502

Stay away from Ebay.... Use it only as a last resort...

10. ucfgrad93 macrumors P6

ucfgrad93

Agreed. I would try and return it before I'd sell it on ebay.

11. accountforit macrumors 6502a

Lots of paranoid people on here. Life must suck.

12. JayLenochiniMac macrumors G5

I do sell my year-old iPhones on ebay every year and all have been successful so far (albeit with some non-paying bidders), but I don't think flipping a brand new device is worth the risk.

13. Tgrey macrumors member

Ebay and paypal fees are crazy now, i will try not to use eBay any more

14. Newtons Apple macrumors P6

Newtons Apple

After the steps that Apple took to secure their phone, I will no longer buy an iPhone off of eBay. There are LOTS for sale. Enjoy!

15. 617aircav Suspended

Actually that makes it better.

16. mcdj macrumors G3

mcdj

I always get a chuckle out of eBay haters. Half of them have never even used it.

In 15 years, I have never been scammed as a buyer or seller, and I have found some incredible bargains and made some incredible profits.

17. wildmangk macrumors newbie

What do you mean? You caught my interest with that. I always sell on ebay and thought for it to be safe

18. accountforit macrumors 6502a

Same here. I have ran a side business on eBay since 2007 and buy and sell more in a week than most do in a year. I have had a few bad experiences out of the 10,000+ transactions I have been involved in, but NEVER have I been scammed.

If you read the user agreement and know the rules, all goes well.

----------

Just read the user agreement and know the rules. Don't let this paranoid guy sway you. As you stated, you use eBay and have never had an issue.

19. From A Buick 8 macrumors 68040

From A Buick 8

Hey, old thread i know but I was wondering how long to you give the bidder to pay before relisting. My iPhone 4 was on ebay and i have not heard from the buyer yet. The auction was over Sunday Morning (11-09)

20. JayLenochiniMac macrumors G5

Good question. After 24 hours, I send them a message to let me know by the morning if they plan on paying or I will relist that night and send them a cancellation request. If I get no response by 12 noon, I initiate the cancellation request. I can then close the case after 7 days and get my final value fee credit.

In my experience, non-paying bidders don't usually pay up if they don't respond right away and they're usually happy to honor the cancellation request. This is much quicker than filing an unpaid item dispute.

21. Givmeabrek macrumors 68040

Givmeabrek

Relist as soon as possible and set up a Buy it Now sale with immediate payment required. That's a sure way to eliminate that nonsense. :cool:

22. Applejuiced macrumors Westmere

Applejuiced

I'd relist it now and like said above use a buy it now.
    I wasted so much time with bidders never paying or responding to messages.
    Then I had buyers trying to pull many various scams on me. I had to fight and prove my case in order to finally get my money.
    Ebay is not worth the hassle, wasted time, aggravation and risk to me any more. I'll buy things there but never again will sell anything.
    I had better experiences selling on amazon and swappa instead.
    And paid far less fees than ebay and paypal.

23. Delmar macrumors 6502

Cancel the sale. List it for sale of Swappa.com

24. From A Buick 8 macrumors 68040

From A Buick 8

Thank you for all of your respones. I had the phone listed on eBay as a non working for parts . The phone works but has several issues (menu button sticks, sleep button does not work' back glass is cracked and the screen is cloudy from being in a bag when a can of sunscreen exploded). With all this being bad would something like swappa still work.

25. Applejuiced macrumors Westmere

Applejuiced

No.
    You can't sell it on that condition on swappa.
    Sounds like it's really messed up:)