Are there any FREE programs that let me transfer my photos on my iphone to my PC?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by byulasfjazz, Jul 11, 2009.

1. byulasfjazz macrumors regular

byulasfjazz

Last week my cat knocked over a glass of water on my laptop and it fried! So all my photos from my computer (1600 or so) are on my phone.. but of course I cant sync them right back to a new itunes... So now I have a new computer.. I actually used the Iphone Browser program to get all my music back.,.. and i believe that my apps are saved on my itunes account so i will get those back too. but I am having a really hard time getting the pictures! There is a program online that does it but it cost like 30 bucks..just wondering if there are free ones anyone knows of.(and no I cannot cut and paste them in an email.. (tried 200 pics at a time .. nope) only like 30 or so work..and i have to save them one at a time back to the computer from the email.. ANY OTHER IDEAS.,???

2. nightfly macrumors newbie

Hmm...

Isn't it that u can just plug ur iphone on the PC and it will show up as an external device in the explorer...

From here u can just drag and drop all ur pictures anywhere...

3. GoCubsGo macrumors Nehalem

GoCubsGo

I believe the above poster is right. Anytime I've charged my iPhone using my work PC it opens up in a pseudo disc mode. I could grab my photos from the device directly.

4. byulasfjazz thread starter macrumors regular

byulasfjazz

No thats for the pics in the Camera roll but im talking about all my other albums

5. byulasfjazz thread starter macrumors regular

byulasfjazz

6. clearchaos macrumors regular

clearchaos

anything like iPhone Browser or WinSCP will work. do some googling to find where your pictures are saved, and then copy them to your computer.

7. byulasfjazz thread starter macrumors regular

byulasfjazz

That only appears to work on Jailbroken phones.. any other ideas... or is this unsolvable?

8. squint0241 macrumors member

I would recommend hacking your phone!

Once you jailbreak. You have full access to your phones internal folders. Everything is free and down-loadable off the internet for you to accomplish this. Obviously, this is something that you probably already know, but just a decision that I myself made which gives me greater flexibility with my phone.

9. byulasfjazz thread starter macrumors regular

byulasfjazz

I am fully aware of jailbreaking... i have seen too many problems with the current 3GS jailbreak and not willing to risk it not working and having to restore my phone (losing everything "pictures")

So I guess no one knows the real solution

10. TheMBC macrumors 6502

http://www.podphototransfer.com

I used this. It's free, I think it can transfer all the photos, but I only used it for the camera roll pictures because I had the rest on my computer. Check it out.

EDIT: If worse comes to worst, you can always email all the pictures to yourself /:

11. byulasfjazz thread starter macrumors regular

byulasfjazz

That program looks perfect but its not 3.0 ready yet...

also like I said over 1500 photos!! not gunna email them

12. musicismycallin macrumors newbie

Did you try Google Picasa or something like that? When I plug my iPhone into my computer (Mac, but I don't see why it would be that different) it shows up and asks me to import the pictures.

13. TheMBC macrumors 6502

Hm, seems like you're right. But I used it with 3.0 a couple of weeks ago...

14. Small White Car macrumors G4

Small White Car

Why are you looking for ways to get the ultra-compressed photos off of the iPhone? They're smaller and worse-looking than the originals.

If I were you, I'd spend some money taking the laptop to a computer shop and seeing if they can get the files off of the laptop hard drive. I have a hard time believing that the water destroyed the actual hard drive. The files are probably still fine in there if you can find someone to get it all off for you.

You'll also get all your files back, instead of just your photos.

15. Ding.Dong macrumors regular

I agree. iTunes compresses pictures when it syncs with your iPhone. So, even if you do find a way to get them off, they will be poor quality.

16. rjohnstone macrumors 68040

rjohnstone

iphonebrowser will work on iPhones that haven't been jailbroken.
    It will give you access to the photos, just not complete access to the phone.
    This is what a typical iPhone looks like in iPhonebrowser.

This phone is not jailbroken.

[​IMG]

17. byulasfjazz thread starter macrumors regular

byulasfjazz

once again please read the thread first (not the picsw on the roll the other 27 albums i have backed up on my phone

Also NO the Are not poor quality.... i emailed them to myself... they look amazing.. and I also used a program that cost 29 bucks (trial version) took 3 pics off the camera they looked fine too...

OK does ANYONE READ?... I swear this website is USELESS there has been only one good post.. I never said that the IPHONE BROWSER doesn't work.. I can get to that screen too... where are the photos???? not there... so apparently there isn't access to them that way...
    (i know it says PHOTOS right there.... but go ahead.. open it... nothing
    this is very frustrating.

18. -aggie- macrumors P6

-aggie-

Actually you stated in your first post that you used iphonebrowser. :) Sorry you're getting frustrated, but hopefully someone will come up with something. However, it's possible there is nothing, so no one might be able to help you. The problem is that Apple does not allow access to the entire file system (which is why people jailbreak and I'm sure you knew this), so that is why you can't see the photos (only photos that you actually took with the iPhone, I believe can be seen).

19. byulasfjazz thread starter macrumors regular

byulasfjazz

well I just figured since I found like a gazillion programs that work and all cost money... that somewhere out there... there might be a free one... like the ipod one that was posted earlier..

20. byulasfjazz thread starter macrumors regular

byulasfjazz

looks to be similar to iphonebrowser... little easier to understand though...
    but still says that device need to be jailbroken to access the pics..

nice try though thanks

21. evian macrumors newbie

*** would of helped if I'd read the original post :rolleyes:

22. renewed macrumors 68040

renewed

First I just have to say you people need to read. I will say there were some very entertaining responses though.. lmao. :D

Anyway in all seriousness try this:

http://www.podtopc.com/default.html

I don't have a PC so I can't confirm it to work on that system but it does for Macs.

JK!!!

http://www.iphonepctransfer.com/iphone-pc-transfer.html

That should work.

(I have too much fun.)

For those who don't get the joke.. the first link only transfers music to PC... obviously this poster wants photos transfered. Therefore after my rant about people not listening..I didn't listen and posted a link that doesn't help. I then posted the correct link to cause frustration levels to diminish. The end.

23. byulasfjazz thread starter macrumors regular

byulasfjazz

Well I was excited to try the new program... but sorry the program wont even start just a million errors about pywintypes25.dll was not found installed 1t 3 times.. still no luck... i was hoping that would work.. thanks though I will continue on looking