Are there any young people returning the iPhone X?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by MultiMediaWill, Nov 7, 2017.

?

If you are returning the iPhone X, how old are you?

1. 18-25

6 vote(s)
    7.3%
  2. 26-34

13 vote(s)
    15.9%
  3. 36-44

4 vote(s)
    4.9%
  4. 45-54

3 vote(s)
    3.7%
  5. 55-64

2 vote(s)
    2.4%
  6. 65+

1 vote(s)
    1.2%
  7. Not returning iPhone X

53 vote(s)
    64.6%
  1. MultiMediaWill macrumors 68000

It seems like everyone that is returning the iPhone X is part of the older crowd. They claim that they are having struggles reading the text. If you are returning the iPhone X, please indicate your age.

2. RRuxin macrumors member

I'm 35...haven't decided yet. I have always preferred the Plus models and I'm finding the trade offs compared to the 8+ a bit troubling. I'm sure an "X Plus" is coming next year so I may just return and get an 8+ until next year.

3. shadow82x macrumors 6502

I believe the complaints aren't about reading text, anyone can increase the font size. Seems most of the complaints are for defects regarding screen/build.

4. Vermifuge macrumors 68000

Vermifuge

Saying 'everyone' when discussing a small sampling pool such as this forum is a bit of a stretch.

5. Jinkst macrumors 6502

What bracket is considered old above?

I love the phone, definitely not sending it back, but I’m just interested where you’re drawing that “young” line.

6. Newtons Apple, Nov 7, 2017
    Last edited: Nov 7, 2017

Newtons Apple macrumors Core

Newtons Apple

No problem with reading the text but the keyboard is a problem for me. Tried the X for a few days but returned this morning and it was so nice to be back in my 8+.

I love the 8+ and have no problem with its size. To me there are too many compromised just to make the device smaller. FaceID was nice but not a game changer, both FaceID and FingerID work very well.

I will buy the X+ next year.

7. myscrnnm macrumors 65816

myscrnnm

26 and have no plans to return mine. Definitely made the right decision for myself, and I don't upgrade often.

8. Relentless Power macrumors Penryn

Relentless Power

Everybody will have their reasons for why they Are returning it. But I don't think age really has anything to do with it, it's based on what they like or dislike in terms of features and capabilities.

9. areyes163 macrumors 6502

areyes163

I’m 35 and no plans to return mine. Loving it so far. Everyone has their own reasons.

10. nikhsub1 macrumors 68020

nikhsub1

I’m keeping the X - I’ve had the plus sized phone since the 6 plus and i had an 8+ too. More than anything i miss the size of the plus when thumb typing. This screen is amazing and I’ve always got to have the latest, it’s a weakness I’m working on. Btw I’m 49:(

11. democracyrules macrumors 6502a

Some of your posts in the other threads stated that the keyboard is not a problem. I am pretty sure your reason will come down to the price / financial / economyjustification. So the key board problem is not true based on your previous posts in the other threads.

12. tromboneaholic Suspended

tromboneaholic

That’s why they returned their MacBook Pro. Seems to be a recurring issue....

13. DiveKitty macrumors 6502

What do you consider the "older crowd"?

I am 38 and definitely not returning! Think my X is wonderful. I upgraded from a 5s.

14. Newtons Apple macrumors Core

Newtons Apple

After the 2nd day I realized I was making far too many corrections. Autocorrect was making it worst. This seems to upset you?

15. PayasitoCogelon macrumors newbie

I’m 29 and i returned the iphone x. I will wait for the plus model without the notch hopefully. For now ill be using my iphone 6 plus and may consider getting the 8 plus.

16. tromboneaholic Suspended

tromboneaholic

Did you type this on your 8 Plus?

17. Newtons Apple macrumors Core

Newtons Apple

No my iPad and finger produced this.