Are there "secret" iPhone plans?

lowonthe456

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Oct 27, 2007
I am going to call AT&T tomorrow to see if there are plans not listed on the site. Specifically for say 1k texts or 800 texts fir say 8-10 a month and less minutes. I have the 450 min plan and gave yet to use 100 min and more than 60 night/weekend. He'll I have over 2k roll over minutes I will prolly never touch..... Anyone gave any experience with this ?

nehunte

macrumors 6502
Apr 30, 2009
You guys are ALL wrong. There is a 200-minute plan just hanging out there for the taking. Just as long as you can prove you're over 65 years old... ;)

jav6454

macrumors P6
Nov 14, 2007
1 Geostationary Tower Plaza
They are not secret nor are they unique and easy to get. They are also not plans. What you are looking for are special add on AT&T gives out; just not to everyone.

However, to get on of these you need to know the code. For example, if you are in college and have an AT&T FAN# account associated with that college, then you can use code:

CLL2

and get 200 free SMS text messages, oh and that's 200 texts free a month and only if you are in a qualifying college/university.

PS - All codes apply to any customer (iPhone user or not)

ajohnson253

macrumors 68000
Jun 16, 2008
....it's a conspiracy I'm telling you it's a conspiracy there all coming for us!!!!!!!!!!!

joebobthehob

macrumors member
Jan 27, 2010
If there really were "secret plans" do you really think they'd just tell you about them because you asked?

There aren't any secret plans. You'll see feature codes floating around the net, but most of the time they're either features that are used by special departments like retentions, or codes that have other requirements like a certain school or business FAN. Joe Average customer care rep usually doesn't have authorization in the billing system to add them even if the code is valid.

CrzyCanuck72

macrumors 6502a
Jun 10, 2003
It's not such a stupid question, Rogers has "secret" (retentions) plans up the yin yang, you just need to know how to ask for them. Any motivated Rogers customer can have a completely custom plan built for them.

rdowns

macrumors Penryn
Jul 11, 2003
I got a special rate for my iPhone for being unemployed. $19.99 a month for 17 calls, 6 texts, unlimited Sundays from, 1am-2:30am and unlimited data not to exceed 76k.

Madmic23

macrumors 6502a
Apr 21, 2004
What about corporate plans?

Does AT&T have any corporate plans? I got on a Corp plan from Bell in Canada for my Blackberry. What would normally cost $90 a month costs me only $50. I'd call that a "secret" plan.

By the way, my plan includes unlimiited data, voicemail, call display, unlimited bell to bell calling, reduced long distance rates, unlimited evening and weekends starting at 6pm, and a few other perks as well.

kernkraft

macrumors 68020
Jun 25, 2009
"Are there "secret" iPhone plans?"

By definition, we don't know or we cannot tell.

KidPub

macrumors member
Dec 8, 2009
Near Boston MA
Does AT&T have any corporate plans? I got on a Corp plan from Bell in Canada for my Blackberry. What would normally cost $90 a month costs me only $50. I'd call that a "secret" plan.

By the way, my plan includes unlimiited data, voicemail, call display, unlimited bell to bell calling, reduced long distance rates, unlimited evening and weekends starting at 6pm, and a few other perks as well.
I was able to sign up for a reduced rate for the voice portion of my plan through the university that I teach at. Basically you just need a .edu email address. Not a huge savings, but 25% off of the voice plan. A buck is a buck.

Perry