are there still lines at apple stores??

Discussion in 'iPad' started by chekuri75, Mar 25, 2011.

1. chekuri75 macrumors member

i admit being lazy... waiting for BB reservation to come since 12th but no luck. just wondering if people still line up at apple stores after almost 2 weeks or can i just walk in one morning and not expect big line?? looking for one in st louis area.

2. Lanman macrumors member

Lanman

3. MasterTick macrumors 6502

An employee at the Apple store by me said people still line up around 3-4 am each morning.

4. spgiva macrumors regular

spgiva

On wed afternoon at the Cherry Hill, NJ store I was advised to show up around 7am for 9am store opening if I wanted one in hand (I am waiting for my online order:rolleyes:).

-spg

5. wx4olf macrumors regular

wx4olf

Walked by the Charleston, SC store around 8 am and there were around 12 people in line. I came back right at 10 and was able to pick up a 64gb AT&T. They still had a couple left of the other models as well but sold most of them while I was checking out.

6. Rooskibar03 macrumors 65816

Rooskibar03

Drove by local store at 9:04. There was a line but it was all inside the store, maybe 10-15 at most.

7. jnneems macrumors newbie

Was told by store rep that there were 50 people on line this morning in Manhasset, NY. I just need there to be an available 16gb att ipad by april 1 so I can return my Verizon one...

8. raef203 macrumors newbie

Seems we all have returns ;o(

9. raef203 macrumors newbie

Question is are the scalpers mostly gone...that's where the problems were

10. doandy09 macrumors member

they were in plenty this morning, couldn't get what i wanted

11. Salukipilot4590 macrumors 6502

Salukipilot4590

Called yesterday at about 5:00 (Cerritos, CA) was told that people usually start lining up at 9PM.

You Apple people are insane. I'll wait a month or more since it's not that important to me.

12. MoHaWk2003 macrumors newbie

No line at the New Orleans Apple Store when I went to pick up a 32GB WiFi @ 10:30am. They had a lot of stock too...about 100 units in stock.

The BB down the street from where I live actually had a few in stock this whole week but the customer service was really crappy so I waited to go to the Apple Store and was in and out in 10 minutes.

13. drkeng macrumors newbie

Went to Northbrook (IL) this morning. I got there at 6 am and was 7th in line. The people at the front got there at around 430-445. I didn't pay a lot of attention to when people came behind me, but there were probably around 40 or so by 730-8 when they handed out tickets for the day's ipods; they had a lot, especially wifi only ones.

14. keviha macrumors member

Depends on where you are, I suppose. I went to Arden Fair Mall Apple Store (Sacramento, CA) this morning. Arrived at 8AM....was about the 40th person in line. Another 40-50 came after me leading up to 9AM. I left around 9:30 about 10 people from getting in once it was announced there were few models left (and not the one I wanted).

I also have reservation at BB and pending order with Apple (not shipping until 4/21).....the hunt has lost it's luster....:(

15. impact_blue macrumors regular

You said it. :mad:

16. MultiMediaWill macrumors 68000

I went to the apple store today in Illinois about 30 mintues before they opened thinking nobody would be in line. Well I was wrong, there was about 30-40 people in line and they only had white 64gb Verizon left. So I went to bestbuy and they were sold out. After that I went to walmart and they had 3 black 16gb wifi which is exactly what I wanted. Good luck!

17. doandy09 macrumors member

you think there will be a shippment tomorrow? how early are people going?

18. Blacklabel34 macrumors 6502

^Agreed. I refuse to wait to spend my money. I will end up buying one when I can walk in and just pick one up in my free time. It's not that important to me since I have an original iPad. If I didn't have the original I guess I would be in a pickel:p

19. reckless2k2 macrumors 6502a

I went into the Bensalem PA Walmart today and picked up a 32GB AT&T model. I just walked in and there were a bunch of models in the case. White, back, and different capacities along with 3G or Wifi only.

I was surprised. I'm between Cherry Hill NJ and King of Pussia PA Apple stores. No luck with them, Best Buy all in the area, and any Targets for miles. Oddly, Bensalem Walmart seems to be only Walmart anywhere around getting stock and they have a bunch. No lines.

20. mdlooker macrumors 65816

mdlooker

I went to the Apple store this morning in Arlington VA at about 6:45 AM and I was number 11 in line. By the time 9 AM hit, there were about a good 75 or more in line. They had good amounts of some but not all. I wanted a blk 32G ATT model but only had blk 64G ATT. I think there were no more than 10-15 left after me from what I can guess at the stack of tickets for that model.

21. wx4olf macrumors regular

wx4olf

Didn't seem like scalpers to me - mostly older folks or college students. Not exactly your typical scalper fair. But then again this was Charleston so maybe they aren't experiencing the scalper issue (I'm just taking a long weekend here so I really don't know).

22. doandy09 macrumors member

23. MrMac'n'Cheese macrumors 6502a

MrMac'n'Cheese

I was at that store today, albeit for a different reason *hums his way along*

24. Bulldog3777 macrumors 6502

Lines

Was at the Charlotte, NC store tonight, Friday. The guy said they got in 125 and the line took most of them but not all. Had a few left for walk in people. Didn't ask if they could buy more than one.

25. vi2867 macrumors 6502

vi2867

You mean 9pm at night. I was hoping it is a typo, and you mean 9am.

This is crazy.:eek: