Are we all pathetic?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by touchyphone, Jun 4, 2008.

1. touchyphone macrumors regular

*I am including myslef in this(umbrella of pathetic), so dont think otherwise.*

Are we pathetic to constantly be monitoring message boards and sites, for any glimpse of iPhone news. Does that make us sad, sad people? I mean, it's a phone. I have no idea why I am so wrapped up in it, but I am. It is pathetic. Does anyone else feel this way? All the rumors and hoopla, it's kind of gotten silly, no?

2. alex2016g macrumors member

I don't know,

I just exosted all my internet related interest and this is the only thing that can update daily. so I guess until I get my new iPhone (new toy) to play with, i have nothing better to... sad?

3. Tytanius macrumors member

I have been browsing these forums for the last few days because I have been stuck at home due to kidney stones and lots of pain killers. I would probably check the forums on my phone once or twice a day if it wasn't one of the only things I could do to pass the time.

4. wildcardd macrumors 6502a

Yes we are. Of course, we could be refreshing the Perez Hilton site instead. ;)

5. mmoosa macrumors 6502

mmoosa

totally agree with you, however, it makes me 'sad' too! hehe, but once it released all the rumors and predicitons will be put to rest.

6. Auzburner macrumors 65816

Auzburner

I think the same thoughts... But I tell myself, what better is there to do? ... not much - it's kind of fun I suppose...

7. agbot macrumors regular

I'd say my constant monitoring is part pathetic :))), part killing time at work, and part going crazy waiting since my current junker cell phone barely works and I'm trying to hold me breath until the new iPhone is available.

8. alex2016g macrumors member

or just look in my bedroom:cool:

9. MattyMac macrumors 68000

MattyMac

Nope...everyone has their own little thing that they love. For us it's apple and product releases (especially iPhone releases!!!).

It's the little things in life that make it great!

10. ert3 macrumors 6502a

ert3

No your going to have to tell me how that feels some time.

Seriously though yeah I find it a we bit strange though I had the obsecion for a bit as well.

TBH though I am only going nuts now because I want to hit 500 posts so I can use an avatar. ( the real trick is not making useless posts)

Maybe we just have abuilt in fad instinct.

11. Knolly macrumors 6502a

Yes we are.

I would elaborate but my time is better spent trying to find rumors.

12. Auzburner macrumors 65816

Auzburner

It's fun to talk about this kind of stuff your interested in, others will look at you cross eyed with most things we talk about... Really, nothing wrong with it.

13. TJ10 macrumors member

TJ10

Its always fun to get excited about rumors but it is also pathetic at the same time

14. JoeCo0611 macrumors member

We're pathetic, but who gives a S***

I convinced my friend to get an iphone over his blackberry, and now instead of just me talking about all the stuff I find out on here to woo him over, he's throwing it right back at me!

And I thought to myself... Yup, we're lame.

It's going to be funny when we're both in a restaurant waiting for food and both passing time on our respective iphones rather than holding a legitimate conversation... which would probably be about the iphone.

15. WishIWasHere macrumors regular

You should never feel pathetic because of something like this. Everybody has to have passions, if this is your's, embrace it. At least you know you've got a heart and some soul, better than being cold and ambivalent about everything that comes along....

16. BOSS10L macrumors 6502a

Nah, that isn't pathetic. The fact that we live in and further foster a culture that allows us to get this worked up over a CE product rather than the really important things is what is pathetic.

That being said, I love my iPhone. :D

17. Bob Loblaw macrumors regular

Bob Loblaw

I know for me I always have to have something to look forward too, or life is dull and uninteresting. Right now, it's the iPhone. After that, it will be my friend's wedding, etc.

18. Merlosso macrumors 6502

Merlosso

Depends on the perspective. I was alone, lost and insecure about my addiction. I thought I was pathetic and needed help. But then, I found other addicts that I could get high with, here on MacRumors. I realized that there are others like me who would accept me and share in my obsession, so here I am and I feel good about myself again.

19. Small White Car macrumors G4

Small White Car

How is this debatable?

God, yes, of course we are!

And don't give me this "we all have interests" stuff. No, my cousin is an example of someone who's INTERESTED in the iPhone. He checks out pages like this about once a week. He knows to check in next Monday night.

And you know what? He knows everything he needs to know about the subject.

So why am I here 7 or 8 times a day? God only knows.

20. NT1440 macrumors G4

NT1440

it makes us tech/gadget guys, its what we are interested in.

21. Play4keeps macrumors regular

Ditto;)

22. Sun Baked macrumors G5

Sun Baked

Speak for yourself ...

Though if you plan on wearing the following t-shirt with the north pointing arrow, I give you the thumbs up to that question.

[​IMG]

23. Shackler macrumors 6502a

Shackler

This is pretty true for me. Very few people i know are as in to tech, especially Apple products, as i am so to come here and talk about it is interesting. Plus, im just sad like everyone else:cool:

24. Satori macrumors 6502a

Satori

Of course... but please don't say it 'out loud'!

You're messing wit our self esteem! :D

25. Knowlege Bomb macrumors 601

Knowlege Bomb

I have a couple close friends who have the iPhone and I'm the only one who knows anything about these sites. I asked if they planned on jailbreaking before the release of 2.0 and they were like ":confused::confused::confused:".
    So judging by that I would say that I'm a little bit different but for the most part the time I spend on here is while I'm at work and nothing else to do. The whole "Myspace and Facebook!!!" era has passed for me.